Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit SWAT on A&E « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lawnmowerman
Username: Lawnmowerman

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit SWAT on A&E tonight @ 10:00pm.

http://www.aetv.com/listings/e pisode_details.do?episodeid=20 1502

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the heads up. I think it's a rerun but I missed parts of it before.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is it taking them so long to get this guy out of this little ass house? I feel like they should just light the curtains on fire and wait for him to come running out lol.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim- their website said it was a new episode. Glad to see the tank getting some use :-)

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, I must be confusing it with another recent A&E SWAT show. They must do this a lot. :-)

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They sure did seem to enjoy training all the new cops. They Even had an acyronam for the rookies, fnb I think.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11179
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Why is it taking them so long to get this guy out of this little ass house? I feel like they should just light the curtains on fire and wait for him to come running out lol.

I can see it now. DPD lights the curtains on fire, guy comes running out, beat him down a bit with their clubs, then turn to the A&E cameras and say "That's how we roll in the D...beeyotch!" hahaha

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 177
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was actually a very good show, IMO.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2309
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it a mechanical arm from that tank that took out the front door? That was impressive.

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, apparently. That thing had some strenght, took it out with ease! They went through A LOT of that chemical gas though hah.

Anyone catch what neighborhood the first story was from? Seemed like a very nice neighborhood, all the homes occupied, and upkept well. Brick homes. The second story was somewhere off Gratiot on the eastside, and that neighborhood was in much worse condition

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2412
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was even shot in HiDef. It was on A&EHD last night. Detroit's neighborhoods never looked so good. :-)

The first guy never came out. He had killed himself. I kept wondering why they repeatedly showed his mugshot with his face blurred. It became obvious at the end of the segment.

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 439
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit has had that apc (armored personal carrier) for about 18 years now

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 307
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wondered why they kept saying they were "negotiating" with the perps. I thought negotiations involved discussion between two parties. They were just begging for them to come out on the loud speaker. I didn't see any of what I consider negotiations. But I sure liked the show. It's obvious why these guys made it into this exclusive unit. They seemed to have great attitudes and were certainly in good shape physically. Didn't fit into the donut eating cop stereotype at all. Every city needs more dedicated cops like this. It was even kind of moving when they got so pissed because the people they were questioning didn't seem to care that a 5 year old had been shot. Made them more human IMO.

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 181
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wash_man,

They were going to attempt to negotiate, but there was no landline telephone available. They through a cell phone into the home, but the perp did not answer, so they were forced to use the loud speaker.

Dday- There were two of them used. One was older, but the new one was just recently purchased (media made a big deal of the expensive purchase a couple years ago)

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really liked it!

Though I sorta got the impression that they used the "tank" just because they wanted to. I'm no cop or SWAT expert, but it just seemed like it wasn't really necessary. Sorta like, "hey, we're gonna be on TV, lets use the tank!"

Maybe not. Just my feeling.

Good show though! It would be wonderful if all cops and all citizens cared about the community as it seems these guys do.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is the APC they bought a few years ago for $700k?

FNG's lol that was classic. They got spanked, the SRT people

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1642
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's one of the ones used on the show isn't it? - didn't know they had two (or more) APCs

the teargas training looked like it was in an old stable - Belle Isle?

Jcdfde5
Username: Jcdfde5

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FNG's = Fu*@king new guys.
In the DFD they are called trial men.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's no stable on Belle Isle anymore to my knowledge. Might have been over at the training center in Rouge Park

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 190
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

another episode on now...

Detroite
Username: Detroite

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On that episode of Detroit Swat, they showed a building where the SRT are located. Did anyone else think it was the unmarked white/blue building on Trumbull across from the Research Lofts?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.