Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Land deals questioned « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitman
Username: Detroitman

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Land deals questioned
Mayor's dad says he's not involved in projects
January 29, 2007

BY MARISOL BELLO

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070129/NEW S01/701290355/1003

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 353
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like the media trying to make something out of nothing, as usual...

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 878
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

much to do about nothing. There are council members that have broken down hovels that they are doing nothing with, and they want to examine this?

Is Bernie still married to Carolyn? If so, this 'old girlfriend' was probably from 35+ years ago at least! Give me a break.

New2theeastside
Username: New2theeastside

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it me, or doesn it seem like it is the City Council's turn to fowl things up with the progress of the City. I mean with the hold up of the GAR, and now this.

Man, imagine if we could get the Mayor and the Council on the same page, LOOK out Chicago!!!

(Message edited by new2theeastside on January 29, 2007)

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I happened to catch part of this public hearing on Comcast Channel 10 last week. It prompted my question on the recent Village Homes thread about the status of the East Village project begun by the CDC that has a connection to the Jeff Ave. Presbyterian Church. The Kercheval/McClellan property discussed in the Freep article is right around the East Village project area and I wondered if there was any connection between the two. Years ago I heard that the East Village project was planned to be over 100 homes and I assumed it would include that vacant block at Kercheval and McClellan. Around 2004, the East Village entity built 2 or 3 infill homes on Leach that are very handsome. There seemed to be a lot of promise to stabilize that neighborhood just east of Indian Village. But nothing seems to have happened since then. Is there any connection between Ms. Okunna's company and the East Village group?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3522
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The senior Kilpatricks have been divorced for many years.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.