Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit Investment « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question. I have a friend from Grand Rapids who is on my case with their typical Napoleon Complex stuff about how Grand Rapids has so much more investment in it right now than Detroit in terms of development of real estate. I was curious if this is true (I highly doubt it) and to help me out with this, how much has been invested in Detroit since 2000 and how much more do you think there will be for the remainder of the decade?

TIA

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3527
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just tell your friend that Grand Rapids is still in Michigan's 4th most populous county (Kent)...

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh...I remind him frequently. Yet he still has these visions that Grand Rapids is something that it is not. He thinks that the obvious choice for the Pittsburgh Penguins, if they chose to relocate, is Grand Rapids. No joke.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 354
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prob. the best bet is to take/bring your friend to Detroit. I would say that the development in Detroit is very self evident. Then he/she can compare for him/herself.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 200
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha tell your buddy that the NHL is going to do everything it can to keep it in Pittsburg, and if not, Houston looks to be the only other option. Sorry, Grand Rapids :-) Stick to minor league hockey

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.