Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Saving the Davids « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fan_of_d
Username: Fan_of_d

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Hip-Hop said saving the two Davids was one of his goals. So yah.......windows are still dark. Does anybody have any new news, or informed guesses, regarding the future of these buildings?

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take it you're talking about the Broderick, and the Whitney. The Broderick is supposed to see construction in the near future, as for the Whitney ... I've heard some pretty nice rumors about it's future. Only rumors so far about the Whitney though.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 268
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fact that the Whitney is now being protected again may be a sign that there is someone interested in it, and does not want it to be destroyed by scrappers.

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 236
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or their attorneys have advised them that if they don't secure the building or make a genuine attempt to, they will be open to liability for anything that happens there ranging from someone falling and getting hurt or electrocuted to someone injuring someone by throwing something out a window onto a sidewalk....I would think if they were genuinely concerened about preservation, they would have done something to immediately secure the building when we called them this summer and told them it was wide open and scrappers were in there......I would also guess this applies if they have any kind of property/liability insurance as well.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are THREE Davids, not two.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David Stott being the third?

As a David myself, I am pleased with the contributions of those before me.

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe we could get the house of david to move to detroit.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4822
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beth David, gone.
B'Nai David, gone.
Take the synagogue tour.
Might be a St. David in Detroit too.
And it's Davison NOT a David.

jjaba.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 270
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes fury, but the first sentence indicates hip-hop was specifically referring to the two abandoned ones.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.