Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Does anyone have backyard parties anymore? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Walterwaves
Username: Walterwaves

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember aunt Pauline used to throw the bomb backyard parties. Of course us kids could only be there until nightfall then we would all have to go and hang out upstairs but not before sneaking a smoke and a nip of something . lololol
Then we hung out all night long listening to Michael Jackson(ugh) and Prince back in the day on the Electrifying Mojo Show.
What ever happened to Mojo?

Oliverdouglas
Username: Oliverdouglas

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8217
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dunno about Mojo, but as for the parties...the dram shop liability laws killed 'em.

We still have gathering in our courtyard...one of my neighbors who 'just' moved out was the instigator.

Every good party needs a thrower, committees just don't ever seem to get it.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 558
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure! My friend has one in Ypsi every holloween, nice big bonfire too. You need the right kinda yard, my house has a tiny lot that is muddy and water logged in the summer. I got my eye on a nice house with a double lot the next block over though. I can see it in my mind's eye the big pool, volleyball net and me at the Bar-B-Que grille.

Long_in_the_tooth
Username: Long_in_the_tooth

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not in February, but come summer I always have friends over for some back yard grilling. It's a great way to stay in toch with your neighbors too.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2374
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do as VP of my neighborhood association. It's a big plus if you actually know how to cook.

:-)

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 381
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Mercy has some pretty decent 'back yard parties,' but you must be a student to get in...

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my entire sub has a big party in the summer and all of my neighbors (along my street) have our own party over Memorial Day and Labor Day...

the sub also has a patio crawl in the summer where we have 4-7 houses host parties on their decks/patios and back yards. they get pretty involved but we dont usually attend much more than a couple of hours early on...

david

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.