Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Super Bowl - 06/07 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 121
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Think Detroit owes the weather gods a nice thank you for last year's weather.

What is the wind chill going to be this afternoon.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Maybe Miami IS the right place to have the '07 SB.

Next year won't be bad - Phoenix AND indoors. What could go wrong????

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 533
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Next year won't be bad - Phoenix AND indoors. What could go wrong????

Maybe the playing field could get derailed and stuck outside the stadium????

Today's weather in Detroit is reminiscent of the weather we had on the day the Silverdome hosted SB XVI.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 123
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mikeg:

I thought of that weather way back when.

Next biggie is when folks come to Detroit for the NCAA Regional finals and the Final Four (but that is late March so the weather should be decent).

P.S. are the regional finals in '08 and the Final Four in '09?

Markemarx
Username: Markemarx

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EMU, Yes you are right.

Regionals: Friday and Sunday, March 28 and 30, 2008
Midwest Regional
Ford Field
Detroit, Michigan
Host: University of Detroit Mercy

Final Four: Saturday and Monday, April 4 and 6, 2009
Ford Field
Detroit, Michigan
Host: University of Detroit-Mercy

http://www.ncaasports.com/bask etball/mens/schedules

Baltgar
Username: Baltgar

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be interesting to see if MLB schedules opening day in Detroit on the same Monday as the NCAA championship in 2009. They coincide this year.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 404
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well the home opener for Detroit might not be the same day as MLB opening day, right?

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just saw a show on that phoenix stadium, its roof opens up. I dont know about its design though it makes me appreciate Ford Field, which I have yet to go inside of. The Phoenix stadium is supposed to resemble a curled up snake but it sure is ugly.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5481
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes!! Go Bears !!!!

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Da Bears is gone, all right. Sorry.

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 191
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fareastside, I think the Phoenix stadium is supposed to resemble a desert cactus, not a snake. I agree with you though, I'm not a huge fan of it.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2391
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The stadium is actually in Glendale. Apparently, this is a large, Arizona version of Auburn Hills. This is where the NCAA national championship was held and apparently there is very little to do around the stadium because it is not near any city. Even Dolphin Stadium has been criticized because there is not much around the stadium. Ford Field has a beautiful design and is in a great location. For people who see past winter weather, Detroit is a great spot for a big game.

Kris
Username: Kris

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, fareastside is right. It's supposed to be a coiled snake. They had a show about how they constructed it on TLC or Discovery, and they mentioned it in there as well.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 414
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last night's game was definitely very boring. Detroit won in the game category as well (once the first quarter was over).

Scs100 (psyched that Grosse Pointe ACTUALLY closed its schools for a day)

(Message edited by SCS100 on February 05, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.