Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » DTE ENERGY « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rfban
Username: Rfban

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anybody been having problems with DTE ENERGY and their credit score? My Credit score was at a 739 two months ago, now it is at a 670. I had set up the "Auto pay" feature from DTE, which was supposed to automatically pay my monthly bill. The problem occurred when DTE never withdrew the funds from my bank account so they went unnoticed and reported me. On top of that they reported me to not one but two credit bureaus.

I am in the process of negotiating with both Equifax and Experian to work this out, but it could take up to 45 days or longer. The worst part is they didn’t even have the decency to, even one time, call, email, or write me alerting me of the situation and to help find a solution to THEIR problem…. What happened to customer service?? I am very upset and would appreciate any comments or advice on the situation.

New2theeastside
Username: New2theeastside

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20070103/O PINION03/701030333/1010/BIZ01

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070111/OPINI ON03/701110355/1293/AUTO04

I think they have changed their policies. You might have just been a victim of bad timing

Rfban

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this is crazy, I was on the phone with DTE for 3 1/2 hours and got nothing accomplished. I guess it's up to me to fix their problems!!!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DTE thought they could start reporting to credit agencies on bills that were 30 days late, and nobody would say boo because they'd all be poor urban customers. Turns out people with money pay bills late sometimes too. Can't upset them, policy reversal.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 429
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DTE spokesman said that correcting credit disputes will be done on a "case by case" basis.

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since this policy has now been changed after all the political backlash, does this mean they are going to fix people's credit they screwed up, or are you just screwed?

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070113/OPINI ON03/701130368/1308

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 452
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leave it to the people working in what is in my opinion is the ugliest large building in the CBD, and you get ugly results. A possible connection between built-form and the results of those that work in it, but I might be looking into it too far.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8284
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Case-by-case means we should each post our examples HERE, so each case can be well balanced.

The company knows what it 'gives' to each squeaky wheel, HERE we can combine our squeaks.

More than a few of our neighbors work at DTE...they just might be able to help us discreetly, too.

NOW, for each and every one of you, keep track absolutely of every minute spent correcting these errors, and then send a bill to the agency that wasted your time.

Rfban

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well things may be looking better but only because I know a DTE employee who knows an employee in the credit dept. I will find out today.

Still upset by this.

"NOW, for each and every one of you, keep track absolutely of every minute spent correcting these errors, and then send a bill to the agency that wasted your time."

-nice idea

Auspower
Username: Auspower

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been reading the detroit yes forum for the last couple of years but have not felt the urge to create an account until I read this one. So here I am.

I moved out of my apartment in Downtown Detroit last October. I will be back in the Spring.. I called DTE to tell them I was moving and no longer needed their service. I was told it would be disconnected shortly after I left. In November I received my bill for October and I assumed everything was fine. In December I received a bill for November and in January I received another for December.
Over the past 3 months I have been trying to get DTE to take my name off the account. I have been unsuccessful to this point. In December I was told someone would be over to disconnect the service. I explained how I no longer lived their and would not be able to let them in and I was sure the 18 story apartment building would not want the electricity disconnected, simply moved from my name to their name. I was told it was not my responsibility any longer to allow them access and they would be out on the 3rd of January. On the 7th of January I received a letter from DTE stating that because I was not at the location to allow them access the building that it had not been disconnected and that they would reschedule later in the month. Well that time has been and past and I am still receiving bills from DTE. I have called the apartment building and they have said it is a nightmare dealing with them but they would try and help.

The right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing. I have kept track of all my email communications. However whenever I call they tell me they have no records of any telephone calls from me. That is why I like to email because at least then their is a paper trail.

Frustrated, can any one help, or know of a way to get it through their heads that this is an apartment building that i am sure they do not want the pipes to freeze if they disconnect the electricity.

Gannon

Post Number: 8337
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the right AND left hands are doing the same thing...whacking off while we pay their pensions.

Can anyone say "off the grid"?

That's where I'm headed.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1728
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had several issues with DTE over the years that I attempted to work out over their phone line - very difficult, if not immpossible.

I called the Michigan Public Service Commission, their regulator and filed complaints - things sure happened then! Call 1 800 292-9555

Gannon

Post Number: 8338
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOOD JOB, Bobj.

Thanks.

We should STILL tell our stories here, just to have a public log of how the squeaks get oiled...corporations are notorious for separating their complaintants, so the absolute trend of bad behavior is masked.

Of anything, this thread could serve as a light, shining on their little gremlins, so they can fix 'em IF THEY CARE!

Bad enough, they're closing MOST of their payment offices...including the one in the lobby of their main building. WTF?!

I used to really enjoy walking over to the one downtown and paying my bill in cash.

Made the electricity and gas more tangible to me, so conserving them became MUCH easier.

Auspower

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you bobj I will call their regulator and see where that gets me. I had a similar problem with Comcast but after I sent a letter to them they called and apologized.
I understand people make mistakes, standing up and taking credit for them is a true sign of a good person and a good business.

Auspower

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you bobj I will call their regulator and see where that gets me. I had a similar problem with Comcast but after I sent a letter to them they called and apologized.
I understand people make mistakes, standing up and taking credit for them is a true sign of a good person and a good business.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.