Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Drinking a 40 in front of Detroit's finest! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4012
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jo1 FIViXJuI

Nothing wrong with this...

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i pounded a case in front of the station on beaubien!

Blort
Username: Blort

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those guys know how to party.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11232
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude, already posted that on the "youtube" thread, pay attention.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 464
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it illegal to drink an alcoholic beverage in the presence of an officer?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1123
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think so,

Supersport

Post Number: 11235
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But it believe it IS illegal to drink on Belle Isle, just as it is at any other city park. It's simply a law that is not enforced. Hell, one visit and you'd be asking "Is smoking weed legal on Belle Isle?"

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4744
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it illegal to drink an alcoholic beverage with
an officer?

Supersport

Post Number: 11236
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see the harm in it. :-)

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think it is a big deal. I did it when I was young.

Flybydon
Username: Flybydon

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ever hear the saying

“whenever you have a party, always invite the neighbors”

well…

The_nerd
Username: The_nerd

Post Number: 381
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's all of matter of perception. Who would complain if I showed up at Belle Isle (wearing white khakis, a pastel coloured shirt and loafers w/o socks) while drinking Pinot Noir w/ brie out of the finest crystal?

Unlike other areas these folks couldn't sample wine in the grocery store or have a "community reception" in college where alcohol is served in class.

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it illegal to drink an alcoholic beverage in the presence of an officer?
I guess all the times I drank in bars cops hung out in I was a criminal!

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alcohol is permitted at Belle Isle. So I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like they were outside the courthouse.

Mikeydbn
Username: Mikeydbn

Post Number: 337
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ironic how the next clip on the list when viewing that is footage of Belle Isle from the 1950's...

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 282
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can drink on Belle Isle. No big deal. They used to sell beer at the snack shack near the golf course. This is Detroit, not Zeeland.

On the other hand the fact that the guy with the 40 did not see any reason to fake it in front of the cop is scary.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 843
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm.. go try that in Grant Park in Chicago.

Erikto
Username: Erikto

Post Number: 508
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, I don't want to get right into it, but I most definitely had a very different experience with a beer and the DPD one day a while back...

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 382
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't know drinking beer is illegal on Belle Isle... Who wants to have a picnic without beer?

I saw someone drinking a beer on a New Jersey transit train once and I thought for sure this person was about to get tossed off. The conductor walked right past without blinking an eye and later I find out that it's not illegal.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 668
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit can't win as long as we got guys like this here.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Genesyxx, not necessarily true. I think Detroit has much more of an advantage being more laid back with some person drinking a 40. Officers have more important things to worry about, even if it were illegal. Its ok for officers to 'come down to the level' of those in the community that they are in. If an officer wants to have a conversation with someone that just happens to be drinking a 40, I see that as anything but a moot point and in my opinion a plus for the city of Detroit.

Eastside_charlie
Username: Eastside_charlie

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Vice sure give a lot of $100.00
drinking in public tickets to all the people that go to tigers and lions games while on the street.
hell, they make probably 500.-1,000. a game in drinking in public tickets.

Supersport

Post Number: 11256
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Technically, I believe drinking on Belle Isle IS illegal. I was told it falls under the same rules that apply to any other city park, including the hours of operation that were enforced for a short time recently.

Now granted, drinking on Belle Isle isn't enforced, I believe that it IS technically illegal. I did a search, but our wonderful city website is about worthless when looking for information of interest. Best I can come up with is a bunch of phone numbers for the Rec Dept. Smoking weed on Belle Isle must be legal too, right? Since everybody does it. LOL

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO LOLOLOLOLOL!

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 389
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Smoking weed on Belle Isle must be legal too, right? Since everybody does it."

It should be!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.