Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Unique Dining experiences « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forget the chains. If it has a mascot or a catchy jingle drive on by to the nearest family owned institution. Try the affordable quality Villa Italian restaurant on Gratiot where heaping helpings of Linguine Alfredo are served with generous portions of succulent shrimp. At under 14 bucks a plate which includes salad and fresh bread, the pastas and veals arent nearly as pricy as snootier Italian ristorantes.Go casual.

Sanders Barbecue on Greenfield at Fenkell. Carry out only, (paranoid suburbanites can order in advance and use the drive thru) the large and short end ribs are smothered in a sauce unlike any other Ive tasted. The sauce alone should be mass marketed. There is also a large assortment of the usual soul foods and deserts.

Bankok Cafe on 9 mile in Ferndale. Great quality Thai food with friendly and beautiful waitresses.The Thai iced tea is the best; the vegetables are never overcooked. Ive been visiting the place since 99 and never had a bad plate. Caution! Order mild.

Sands on 9mile; Sahara on Coolidge; both in Oak Park. Chaldean style middle eastern with curry soup; yellow lemon rice; salads with cucumber dressing. The half orders are under ten bucks and can almost feed two. Often on weekends there is a party going on with revelers dancing to the sounds of the middle east.

The Telway Hamburger System at 11 and John R. Enjoy greasy sliders and chili while listening to blue collar perspectives and philosophies. Avoid like the plague the bar crowd on weekends.

For Pizza, besides the deep dish Papalis, Comos has an excellent quality pizza.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Capers south of 8 on Gratiot on the east side of the street is great...and cheap.

Good steaks and fun (ky) atmosphere.

Terryh

Post Number: 150
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ill try it. Heard it was good.

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Izzy's on Harper in St. Clair Shores is a new one not to be missed.

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 196
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

House of Reuben on Eight Mile.....try the Lamplighter.

Detroit One Coney Island on Woodward across the street from the Crystal Lofts......Wendsday thru Saturday go there after 9 p.m. and get a chicken club with extra cheese and extra mayo...I guarantee it will one of the best sandwiches you ever had,if not I'll buy you a sandwich at any place you choose,;).

Mary's Grill on Plymouth near Burt rd. has one of the best grilled chicken salads I have ever had in my life.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plakas at 2:30am

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 965
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gracie Cee's
Steve's Three Brother's
Shatila Bakery
Vicky's BBQ

Malcovemagnesia
Username: Malcovemagnesia

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been to Blue Nile since they moved it. Where is it in Ferndale now, and does it have the ambiance of the old Greektown location?

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 283
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zef's
Plakas anytime
Cass Cafe
Cyprus
Vince's
Rattlesnake Club

Not in any particular order

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3626
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For me, I don't think any dining experience was as impressive as the old Mauna Loa Restaurant on W. Grand Blvd. just east of the Fisher Building. Having a stream running thru the restaurant with bridges over it, and with stunning interior decorations (including Palm Trees out front), made for a wonderful dining experience (lucky for me the drinking law was reduced to 18 back in 1972).

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4475
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 3:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For cheap eats and quirky ambiance, I've always marvelled at the crowd that comes into the American or Lafayette Coney Islands on a Friday/ Saturday night around 2:00 AM. Every walk of life- from yound & old, to cops, to the homeless, to people dressed to the nines... are all in there to grab a bite.

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 783
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 7:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blue Nile in Ferndale has ambiance, allright, just like in it's earlier locations, especially the one on Woodward near the Majestic if memory serves.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1725
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marge's Bar - GPP
Janet's - GPP

Gene
Username: Gene

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The hot dog stands at any Home Depot or Lowes

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 62
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember Mitch Housey's across from the racetrack?

Bobj

Post Number: 1731
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Costco has some great polish sausages with a drink for $1.50

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 146
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every now and then I'll buy hot dogs from the corner gas station or at Home Depot, because 'frankly' I love hot dogs.

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 544
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped eating the Costco dogs when they got rid of the Sauerkraut.

Bobj

Post Number: 1732
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still got onions - but it is a chain meal

Smogboy

Post Number: 4481
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is it about smelling those hot dogs at the home repair places? They have a vendor like that over at the Canadian Tire just across the bridge in Windsor and I can't help but buy a few from that guy there. Is there some additive or some pheromone that we just don't know about that just keeps luring us back for more??

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marcus hamburgers? I thought it was good.

I know they are local chains, but Kerby's Koney Island is pretty good. Love Greek salad!

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 131
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dish - Carryout only on the Northeast Side...awesome New Orleans Pasta w/Chicken.

Milts BBQ

Archinnovator
Username: Archinnovator

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Bronx for a corned beef sandwich and cucumber soup. It's unbeatable.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 52
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Bronx is f***ing fantastic. Sinbads is alright for the atmosphere.

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mack7 for breakfast.
Sy Thai Shores for Lunch.
or
Louies Corned Beef for breakfast
Gueliaguetza (sp) for Dinner
(10 & Kelly)

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're in Lincoln Park & want a pretty good coney try Toma's on Dix & London. A combo w/ fries 2 dogs & soda less than five bucks.

Ha_asfan
Username: Ha_asfan

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Costco still has sauerkraut for the hotdogs but now it is kept at the cash register and you need to ask for it. love those dogs with mustard and kraut!

Tammypio
Username: Tammypio

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Louie's corned beef on Harper! They do have great breakfasts at great prices. The atmosphere in there is also very cool...the waitresses on Sunday are awesome! If you haven't been there, GO...don't miss out!
Also have to second Toma's in L.P. My husband frequents the place when I'm not home to make him something! LOL

Willmess01
Username: Willmess01

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Villa on Gratiot just North of 8.
Golden Chopsticks in SCS on Jefferson btw 9 and 10.
I'll second Izzy's in SCS on Harper.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1006
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dona Lola's. Ecuadorian Seafood. Decor is no frills, but the food is awesome. A plate is around 16 bucks. You can get out of there for as little as 7. It's over by Vince's on Springwells.

Bobj

Post Number: 1736
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Polish Village Cafe!

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 341
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.texasdebrazil.com

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 744
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hippo's Hot Dogs in Troy. So fast, good, and very well rpiced!

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Louies is a breakfast must!

What type of menu is Izzy's? Is this restaurant doomed to fail like everything else in that building

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 260
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is unique about a chain texas de brazil? Why not Pampas?

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 451
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For a real treat, try Peabody's in Birmingham. It's in a 100+ year old rural barn-like building (rebuilt years ago after a fire), and the food is excellent, and very reasonably priced. Get there before 5 P.M. or there's quite a wait most times.

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that Izzy's may avoid the kiss of death that haunted everything else that has been in that location.

Since they have been opened in mid-January, they are packed nearly every night. They are the same owners of Izzy's that was very popular in New Baltimore for so many years. One of their cooks is the guy who owned Pointe BBQ on Warren (got him out of retirement from what I understand). Heaping helpings of just about everything - you will not leave hungry.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about texas de brazil, (with no mich. locations) But for BEEF try out the new Argentine Grill on W. Vernor near Ferdinand. Piles of braised beef brought to your table, still smoking.........

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 546
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not give the Wheel Of Lunch a spin?
http://www.coverpop.com/wheelo ffood/

Korridorkid
Username: Korridorkid

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

May i suggest Lile's in east Dearborn just West of Shaefer on the North side of the street kitty corner to City Hall. Their Reubens have a certain transcendence about them.

Don't get me started on the Mortadella...

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 5:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Costco's pizza is pretty good as well .. lol

Detrola
Username: Detrola

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duly's located near the corner of vernor & junction in southwest detroit. The best coney island in the city.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carolcb, I sure do remember Mitch Housey's. I used to work there when I was a teen. Sooo, did you go there for the food, the belly dancing show, or the disco dancing for the diners? :-) Mitch was a good guy. He'd never let me work past 11:00pm on school nights. I must say, you all are a great group. Since I have stumbled across this forum, I've had so many memories come back that were long forgotten.

Back on topic; Murphy's on 5 mile in Redford is a great place to go for breakfast.

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 118
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good deli...try the Plaza Deli at 12 Mile and Northwestern. Hmm...corned beef!

Christos
Username: Christos

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Giant System on Van Born and Monroe in Dearborn Heights. The. Best. Sliders. Crappy coneys though.

McNallys in Corktown has the best deli sandwiches in town.

Dearborn Sausuage's store on the Dearborn/Detroit border where Dix, Vernor, and Wyoming all meet has some AMAZING subs. The lunchmeat is SO fresh.

Also in that same area, the Dearborn Bakery is VERY cheap and VERY good. They are just a little hole in the wall bakery, but thier fried kibbe, thyme pies, meat pies, cheese pies, falafel, and spinach pies (lebenese spinach pies- no philo dough, just regular bread dough) are the best.

Oh, and Mykonos Coney Island on Van Born in Taylor has like the best inexpensive diner food, and some of the best greek food outside of greek town (though I sometimes argue that some of thier dishes are better than greektown's). They have the best rice pudding, the best tzanziki, best skordalia, and second best pastitso in town. Thier spinach pie is not bad either. They also make a mean breakfast skillet, and some great salads.

The best pastitso in the area is at the Redford Grille on 5 mile and Beech Daly.

Winstin_o_boogie_iii
Username: Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sweetwater Tavern yum

Terryh

Post Number: 151
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

combination plate at under the eagle in Hamtramck

Gargoyle
Username: Gargoyle

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Motz Burgers. Fort Street and Green. The BEST grease in southwest Detroit.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duly's!!!!!!!

Waves in SCS is ok

Steak hut

Woodward

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 270
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love Sizzl 'N' Spice on Monroe across from Compuware. A tad pricey, but ohhhh, man, that buffet. Guaranteed to give you a food coma for $8. Waaaaaaaaay better than American Masala on Hancock near WSU. And they deliver to the downtown area, too (for a $5 fee).
Also love Honest John's on Wednesdays because they have the best lasagna I've ever tasted. The rest of its menu isn't bad either. It's on Selden at Cass.

Terryh

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The local newsletter had an article about a spot on Coolidge called Ellas which features Balkan style cooking. I checked it out and ordered the Gypsy skewer with pork; bacon; and chicken with some rice cant think of the name but it came with roasted veggies mixed in the rice. Coleslaw was bland but other than that it was out of the ordinary interesting.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terryh said: "Sanders Barbecue on Greenfield at Fenkell. Carry out only, (paranoid suburbanites can order in advance and use the drive thru)"

Paranoid suburbanites my butt! I used to wait to catch the Fenkell bus on that corner. I carried brass knuckles in those days and was still frightened. A meal is not worth your life.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Capers south of 8 on Gratiot on the east side of the street is great...and cheap.

Good steaks and fun (ky) atmosphere."

What about Southern Fires for those Soul Food lovers. Excellent food, reasonable prices, and great service and atmosphere. The only thing that would sort of displace it if you didn't know about it is the surrounding areas and a loft area next door..

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8449
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is, based upon the sign a Southern Fires opening )or possibly opended) in the new strip mall just north of Byron's flowers in HP.

Urbanize

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was talking about the one off Jefferson and (Helen)? I get confused by the streets. Although it's closer to Lafayette, it's showing East Side class to come out Jefferson.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8450
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Correct, that is the original but I was just pointing out a new smaller one is or has opened. I may have not been clear about that.

I just wish they served booze. A glass of wine or beer with their food would be great.

Urbanize

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes. They just started a couple years ago. The owner hasn't tried to get his liquors sales license yet.

Warrenite84
Username: Warrenite84

Post Number: 44
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peabody's at Maple,(15 Mile),and Woodward for prime rib;
Beans and Cornbread at Telegraph and 12 mile; Loon River Cafe at 15 mile rd. and VanDyke- best pot roast!
Los Galanes in Mexicantown-good buffet
The Gathering Place at Wattles,(17 mile), and John R.-good pizza

Terryh

Post Number: 212
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a review in hour magazine of Scotty Simpsons fish and chips at Fenkell and Lahser. Apparantly it is an institution in existance for close to 40 years. Anyone familiar with the place?

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Scotty's is in the heart of Brightmoor. A certain professional hockey team owner who also owns a company and building downtown eats there often.

A good friend of mine worked there through high school.

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crew in Hazel Park.. great specials unique menu items homemade soup and its very reasonably priced. Plus the owner and staff are super nice

Spitcoff

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh yeah and Sala Thai in the old fire station in eastern market is the best thai food ive found in the metro area

Spitcoff

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best hamburger in the Detroit area is Redcoat on Woodward in Royal Oak. Way better than any of the other burgers that people have clamed to be the best. Exspecally with the Pedmonties beef which has less fat than a chicken breast or a salmon filet

Urbanize

Post Number: 114
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The best hamburger in the Detroit area is Redcoat on Woodward in Royal Oak. Way better than any of the other burgers that people have clamed to be the best. Exspecally with the Pedmonties beef which has less fat than a chicken breast or a salmon filet"

Wasn't that the place voted AOL City's Best a few years ago? People say they sell the best sliders around.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never cared much for Southern Fires. The food is okay-to-good. But for us, it's not worth the crowd and attitude from parking attendants, wait-staff.

Since Third Street closed, the best bet for a cheap, great burger (many other great items too) is Bronx.

Buzz bar also has great Pizza and sandwiches.

There's a few more locals.

Terryh

Post Number: 217
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Went to Toast on Woodward. I was feeling ill and ordered the Irish Oatmeal with fruit, which they were out of and the waiter suggested the granola which is also loaded with fruit. Not only was the food outstanding, the overal atmosphere and mood, as seems to be the case in many establishments with gay or seemingly gay waitstaff was upbeat and made me feel better with the positive vibe. Excellent food and service.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"..many establishments with gay or seemingly gay waitstaff was upbeat and made me feel better with the positive vibe."

Yes the fries are always crispier and the slaw a little juicier when served by a seemingly gay waiter.

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 515
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Homer: Great chuckle-generating response.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4762
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terryh: Great head-shaking response.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.