Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Any Brush Park historians? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trying to confirm whether one of the few houses still standing in Brush Park belonged to John R. Williams' family. Obviously it didn't belong to John R. because he died before those homes were built.
Any BP historians in the e-house?

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 243
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are some here with access to Sanborn insurance maps that might be able to help out. Since I am not a resident of Michigan, I cannot get access to them. Good luck!

Also, I have an interest in Brush Park. Which house are you talking about?

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6161
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sandborn maps only show the footprint and materials of construction of the structures. With the exception of public and notable structures (factories, school, etc...) they do not list ownership. Certainly not for private residences.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the Polk Guides are good if you have the addresses.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4042
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best thing I can tell you is to check with the Burton Collection or DHS.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.