Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Planning Commissions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there,

I have to attend a planning commission meeting before March 1 in any metro city besides Detroit (as directed by my class) and I was hoping that maybe some of you could help me out on finding one.

if not, that's fine. Madison Heights apparently saves webcasts of theirs online, but I'd rather be there myself.

thanks
JeD

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am in the same class M-W @ 1:25 I am going to New Baltimores on Tuesday. Go to the city websites they are usually on Tuesdays

Jeduncan

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you're in my class.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What did I miss Wed. I wasnt there.

Jeduncan

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not too much, just read the articles in blackboard and you should be set.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 578
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would recommend attending a Sterling Heights Planning Commission Meeting. They are held on most Thursday nights at 7:00 PM in the city hall (40555 Utica Road at the southwest corner of Utica and Dodge Park Roads).

Call the SH Planning Dept. at 586-446-2720 to confirm that there is a meeting tonight.

If you are going to attend any planning commission meeting, why not go into the lion's den of this much-maligned suburb and it's local govt. that gave us the vilified Lakeside Mall and Hall Road? Just remember to forget about any roles that the Michigan State Legislature (thru their Enabling Acts), MDOT and Al Taubman might have had in the development out there, after all, we all know that it is really the fault of those lazy, non-walking, car-loving, Detroit-hating suburbanites who live there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.