Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Grande Ballroom/Janis Joplin/Tiffany Shade Band « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Colin_dussault
Username: Colin_dussault

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone remember seeing a band called the Tiffany Shade? They played at the Grande in Detroit in 1968 along with Big Brother & the Holding Co. And also with the MC5 and the Troggs.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome, Colin_dussault!

For more discussion on the Grande and its memories, you might check out this DetroitYes Hall of Fame https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/6790/76425.html?11599121 17 and follow some of the links within for all sorts of info on the Grande Ballroom. (For other Hall of Fame threads, check out the HOF link above.)

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 50
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Colin_dussault! Did Tiffany Shade cut any vinyl? I can vaguely recall that name. Did they gig at any other venues around Detroit? Were they local? A good place to ask around at is Record Time in Ferndale, or Car City Classics in S.C.S.

Colin_dussault
Username: Colin_dussault

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Bullemagnet, Yes the Tiffany Shade cut one record for the Mainstream label back in 1968. They played the Grande twice, but other than that I don't know about any other Detroit area appearances. They were originally from Cleveland, Ohio. I am from Cleveland. I am writing an article about the band and creating a website for them. Do you have contact info for Record Time and or Car Cit Classics? Thanks!
Colin Dussault (www.colindussault.Com)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.