Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Kosciuszko School Bomb Scare? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Enduro
Username: Enduro

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't find any info on this but my dad swears the police set off a bomb at the Kosciuszko school on Tireman in Warrendale. Can anyone confirm this?

In the same week, there was also a drive-bye or at least a shootout right on their street (just doors away) and ended in a car chase. The car was ditched on an old lady's lawn. Not sure if the suspect was caught. I can't find anything on this either.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1370
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was at a house down the street from Kosciuszko.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 210
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suspicious Device Removed From Home

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

One school, Thaddeus Eosciusko Elementary, is located in the area, but was not put on lockdown. Parents were notified of the situation, school officials said.

Great spelling clickondetroit...

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2371
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, the folks at WDIV need to be much more careful with their spelling. I've noticed that, however, from most of the TV stations. They just don't pay as much attention to spelling and grammar as their print counterparts do.

As for the bomb scare itself, it's amazing how much stuff I miss by going to work. I have to stop doing that.

Enduro
Username: Enduro

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks so much. I thought it was odd a bomb at a school would be such a small story... I guess dad didn't have all the facts.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.