Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » WDIV must have a newer web intern « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their online stories never used to be this shabby.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/11043254/detail.html

"Genali GMC Sports Utility Vehicle" ?

"If you have any information, call police."
Which police department? Are we to assume only Southfield's? Got a phone number or are we to burden the 911 system?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3840
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well it reads to me as if some guy name Genali is rockin' a new GMC SUV...

<<<laffin

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WDIV's tech help must be new as well, lots of F-ups in the "lets go to video" or "lets talk to _________ who is at the scene"

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1401
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just doing more with less. The mantra of todays industries.
gotta keep those stockholders happy

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4495
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a typo. It's not like we don't see them here and everywhere else in society. It's not an excuse but a reality of a rush rush society that wants to get the news out ASAP.

Winstin_o_boogie_iii
Username: Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What would Ed Murrow say? :-O

Mountainman
Username: Mountainman

Post Number: 127
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The intern was just trying to use aliteration. Keeping Anglo-Saxon poetic voice alive in America

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 174
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have their web page set as my home page. I have noticed a change in the last month that they have been doing more updates on the weekends. Before that the site would stay exactly the same allllll weeeekend looonnngg!

Enduro
Username: Enduro

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WDIV is going down the tubes. That sportscaster that replaced Fred McCloud is just awful. "So, you guys lost the other night... What's up with that?!" "Is it hard to hold the football?"

WTF kind of questions are those?

Seems like the FoxAttitude of getting young, preferrable blonde females, qualified or not, on the air is spreading.

At least you can kind of navigate that Click On Detroit site now. I remember it being a real cluster---- last time I looked.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3664
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Genali must be a Hindu word... the tech help folks in Bombay are doing the best they can!! :-(

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 150
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They must be reading DetroitYes. They have corrected the "Genali", but still have no number for the police.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's what happens when you hire junk writers with no news sense and pay them crap salaries.

Birdwoman
Username: Birdwoman

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Journalists are getting completely sloppy. Check this out, where a reporter refers to a type of amphibian as "wormlike sicilians." Granted, not many people have heard of "caecilians" but if you were writing a story and Italians were lumped in with frogs and salamanders, wouldn't you think to ask?
http://www.bootstrap-analysis. com/2007/02/losing_faith_in.ht ml

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1713
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, Nain, but the other thing I found humorous was Sports Utility Vehicle

(Message edited by lilpup on February 23, 2007)

Wsugrad
Username: Wsugrad

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WDIV laid off at least one employee from every department at the end of 2006, effective immediately. As a former employee there for 3 years, I can tell you we were honestly understaffed 4 years ago when i was on payroll. Every time someone leaves (for better work, better hours and a more pay) their job was "phased out"

-- Interns: the new white meat.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 857
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you know a director by the name of Wills?

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 688
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The newspapers are the same way. Fucked-up grammar, misspellings, sloppy (or downright incorrect) usage, etc. If you can't, or won't, pay for competent editors, you shouldn't be in the publishing business. I can almost accept that stuff on the TV news, because it's "live," but it's a goddam shame, the way print journalism has fallen.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.