Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Bob Segar @ COBO Arena: Who's going? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jhartmich
Username: Jhartmich

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to see they are having a second concert. I decided to go to the 2nd concert thinking that because of his age and his smoking, the March 15th concert may truly be his last in the city of Detroit. Also, to rock-n-roll at COBO is a little nostalgic.

FYI: I tried to get tickets from Ticketmaster. Every time I punched in “best available”, I got the worst seats – Section C2 at the farthest corner of the stage. I knew I wouldn’t be able to see anything. I tried again and again on Ticketmaster and got offered the same crappy section.

I decided to go to the Joe box office. Not only did I save $7.50 per ticket because you do not have to pay the service charge; but I also got AWESOME tickets left-center stage in the lower part of B9 section!!! Lesson learned: Buying tickets AT the venue not only saves money, but the seats you’re able to get are 1000% better.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 528
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, a few weeks back some people on the forum were complaining about having to go see shows outside the city limits. Here is the chance not to have to!

Jhartmich

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Charlotte, I was the one who started that thread.

I'm just BLOWN AWAY that he snuck in the COBO ARENA concert. This is history. He could have easily added a second date at the Joe. I am SO glad I waited to buy my tickets. Because it all started there in 1975, I bet he will have allot of his friends there to rock with him. It should be fun.

Planner_727
Username: Planner_727

Post Number: 84
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I checked for some tickets saturday night and got A18 2 seats... check back frequently!

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 993
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats nothing, I got tickets on Ebay to see him play the Grande with MC-5 and Iggy for only $200!

Exmotowner
Username: Exmotowner

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still have my ticket stubb from 1975 (My very first concert). The price was $7.50 for my ticket LOL. Just seen him here in Nashville, $65.00. LOL

Mallory
Username: Mallory

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For someone who still remembers the exquisite aroma that permiated Cobo on that Live Bullet night many years ago, this truly IS history. Anyone know if he's recording the show for release?

I now live in Florida and will be unable to attend. I expect a FULL report.

Thanks Forum, you are my only REAL connection to my hometown, the greatest rock N roll town in the world.

S**T I've known that for 40 years!

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 308
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A THIRD show...

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070220/UPDAT E/702200442

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to the first show at Cobo

Jhartmich

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is actually the thread to the third show:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070220/ENT 04/70220053

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 310
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmm, not sure how i did that

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there on St. Patrick's Day for the third show. Growing up with "Live Bullet" as the premiere live concert album, I can hardly wait!

Schoolcraft
Username: Schoolcraft

Post Number: 105
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn. My first concert was Bob seger Cobo..but I believe in 77? Would that be right? So jealous
to those who will be at COBO. Ran in to him with my wife at the Old CLUBLAND in Detroit in early eighties...so he sits there and chats with us for 15 minutes....regular guy...Probably why we love em....stuck here in Phoenix tomorrow nite to see him but it wont be the same. Cobo and the Joe shows will rule I bet.Yes, full report please.

Larryinflorida
Username: Larryinflorida

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I passed this link about Cobo to my friend Ross, who was in the Metro Audio recording truck for "Live Bullet". ("we got the 16 track tape machine goin out back...")

Although I didn't work on that show, Ross got me my job at Criteria Studios in Miami in '78, where I did work as as tech on Seger's sessions there in the late 70's and later at another studio in the 90's.

He was very cool both times and seemed to enjoy my Detroit banter. I told him how his live album sort of paved my way to Florida. It did.

I hope they record this one!

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 51
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was up at ten on Saturday to get tickets to his St. Patrick's Day show at COBO. Oh the shenanigan's that are going to be going on downtown for that whole day. (no pun intended)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.