Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Anyone Warching The White Rapper Show On VH1? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nyct
Username: Nyct

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're in Detroit and they're gonna battle some of Detroit's finest according to the promo.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um, every week now...

Hallelujah Hollaback...

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 189
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, I'm watching it.

Step Off Jus Rhymes! da King of da Burbz looks like the winner.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 113
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep i think it is a pretty creative show

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 547
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(insert beat....
Yeah I watch that show/ That shit is dope/ But still guess what it aint f_c_ing with 24/ Now thats for sho/Who the f_ck wants to watch the White Rapper Show?/Instead of Jack Bauer shootin' mother f_ckas head to toe?/Not me not him not them not slim/ Speakin of why everybody want to be like Em...and...hmmm.
..end beat)

Lol Im wack

Ohudson

Post Number: 190
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(restart that beat ....

Ah sh*t, I missed 24/If I would've waited 2 hours I could watch White Rapper once more/ No biggie, I watch too much TV/ Either a White Rapper or a spoiled ass 16 year old on M...T...V

(Message edited by OHudson on February 19, 2007)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

why did they stay at the royal park?

Nyct

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think john brown is talented, however, if he does win and make an album and get any kind of credibility, i bet he gets shot.

Superaygun
Username: Superaygun

Post Number: 549
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOVE this show! hm, John Brown can rhyme but he is SO very obnoxious and he will never have any cred as long as he continues to contradict himself. i thought Persia was the biggest talent, but i am really rooting for Shamrock as he has been the most consistent overall.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um, Superraygun, it's $hamrock. :-)

They stayed at the Royal Park because they won the reward challenge. The rest of the time they stayed at the 8 mile/Dequindre Trailer Park.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John Brown is reality tv gold. I would be surprised if he didn't show up in another VH1 celebreality show, say the Surreal Life.

Superaygun

Post Number: 550
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one thing: i heard Serch on Drew & Mike before the Detroit show aired and he was saying he had requested that only the nicest parts of the city be shown...i didn't know that meant some Roseville trailer park (anybody catch Jus Rhyme in his Record Time t-shirt?) and the nicest hotel in Rochester...disappointing to see the cosmetic progress we've made in the city proper ignored.

Superaygun

Post Number: 551
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, my bad, Warren trailer park!
you got me, $u$anaro$a! LOL :-)
they should have stayed at the Athenaeum if they wanted to live it up like real rappers...i always see tour buses parked nearby there.

(Message edited by superaygun on February 20, 2007)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royal Park sucks, especially the location, some side street, I bet their balcony was great looking over a grassy field, an industrial park and some apartments. Shoulda stayed at the Atheneum

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like how they kept on showing B roles of the People Mover like it was a real form of transit.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how come everybody I know who watches this show is clueless to "serch in the a.m."

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't JLB fire Search for some Superbowl party he threw?

Ohudson

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tetsua, that's what it says on the Serch wikipedia site: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M C_Serch )

I find it funny that JLB doesn't even speak about him. They only mentioned the White Rapper Show this morning because "TJ da Trouble Man", another morning show personality was featured on this weeks show (of course with Detroit). Even then, they never mentioned Serch.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 195
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

according to him he left to appear on the show

Nyct

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm new to detroit ... who are the corsi boys (i think that was their names) and bareda? have they put anything out? search mentioned quickly that eminem beat one of them in a battle, won a trip to LA and met dre. i thought they all were pretty good.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5535
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

White kids already getting into to Hip Hop culture faster then more black youths. It's just like Rock N Roll, Black man made it and the White man stole it.

Nyct

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and the opposite is happening in golf, danny.

Esp
Username: Esp

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you think this is a game people ???

STEP OFF !!!

Ohudson

Post Number: 192
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nyct, it's the Cardi Boys... ( http://profile.myspace.com/ind ex.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewpro file&friendID=15783657 )

Superaygun

Post Number: 552
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the Drew & Mike appearance last week i thought he said he was fired from JLB...?

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 199
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

White kids in rap are just imitating. I agree with Danny on his observation.
However I dont believe its the same in rock. Rock was made up of a lot of black influences which is true but also an equal mix of country and bluegrass.

Nothing worse then seeing a white blues act.

Superaygun

Post Number: 553
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what? that makes no sense to me. rock is not only a direct descendent of the blues but is more influenced by blues than by any other genre of music, certainly more so than country or bluegrass. plenty of white rock heavies--Zeppelin, Clapton, the Stones, most famously Elvis--owe their entire careers to the blues...so i have to disagree.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5142
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was disappointed they made the entire area look like some backwater, rural location. They took an area pretty unrepresentative of Metro Detroit to represent the area. You don't just change that, later, by taking them to St. Andrews.

Ohudson

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan, they wanted to represent the White Rappers Detroit, you know ... Romeo and Warren. I remember Kid Rock actually saying something like, "be careful in the mean streets of Clarkston". That was the scene with Kid Rock playing pool.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 160
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"what? that makes no sense to me. rock is not only a direct descendent of the blues but is more influenced by blues than by any other genre of music, certainly more so than country or bluegrass. plenty of white rock heavies--Zeppelin, Clapton, the Stones, most famously Elvis--owe their entire careers to the blues...so i have to disagree."\

What he said.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

most famously Elvis--owe their entire careers to the blues...so i have to disagree."\

What he said.

Superaygun is a woman.

As for Elvis- he definitely had country influences. Early on he did a rockabilly version of "Blue Moon of Kentucky", a bluegrass song.
He also covered "Blue Suede Shoes" by rockabilly Carl Perkins. Carl went on to play in Johnny Cash's band. Just a few examples of early rock and country crossovers. (Before rock you had mixing of white and black music by artists like Jimmie Rodgers and Bob Wills.)

Superaygun

Post Number: 556
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, i am a female. i know the "ray" part throws some people off...:-)
thanks, Pam. you've made some very good points. i guess the position that bluegrass is a valid influence was more what i meant to question. don't really see where that comes into play so much...
soooo, $hamrock or John Brown? what's the general consensus?
i miss some of the cornier emcees. they were funny. Jon Boy: "i feel like Jesus when he was eager to teach his people..." LMAO

(Message edited by superaygun on February 23, 2007)

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$hamrock has the "cred"

John Brown is a more creative rhymer

I just can't see them anointing the King of the Burbs though, so it'll probably be $hamrock.

Superaygun

Post Number: 557
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i agree that John Brown is the more original of the two but i can't get past his contradictory bullshit. i love the fact that you can hear the beat in $ham's flow, and he's always done very well in the Ice-Ice Chamber. he's consistent and he gets my vote for sure.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 150
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its on again right now!

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Finale is tonight at 10pm

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 586
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well.. they didn't make Detroit look bad.. made Detroit look like any other city in the country.. I think maybe that was Serch's point.. Try not to focus on the negative.. He is from the Detroit Area.. so he tried to post a positive spin.. And the Grand is the ONLY 5 star in the Detroit Metro Area.. so.. That's why they went there..

Superaygun

Post Number: 562
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what? Serch is from Queens, NY. he only lived here a short time when he was on JLB.
hooray for $hamrock!! John Brown gets the Gas Face!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.