Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Pistons at Cobo « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tigersfan9
Username: Tigersfan9

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know the Pistons officially moved out of Cobo in 1978, but did they play games there throughout the 1980s when necessary (i.e. due to scheduling conflicts at the Silverdome)? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1417
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't recall any. The Silverdome roof did take a shit once...and they my have played at Cobo during the repairs. I believe the roof caved in from heavy snow and wind....but I don't remember what year that was. Just taking a shot in the dark.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They played a playoff game at GPHS

Mountainman
Username: Mountainman

Post Number: 128
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have the exact dates but the Pistons' started play at the Olympia, then moved to Cobo. In 1978 they moved to the Silverdome, and when its roof collapsed in '84 they played some games at Joe Louis.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 200
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They played a playoff game at JLA in 1984.
http://www.nba.com/pistons/new s/bluecollarblueprint_excerpts f.html

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone remember Gus doing the Twist during timeouts at Cobo?

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 257
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhh Gus--retrieving that long-forgotten visual memory brought a smile to my face. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.