Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Louis Farrakhan's farewell address in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan will be in Detroit Sunday making his last major address.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200 70221/ap_on_re_us/farewell_far rakhan

quote:

DETROIT - Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan is heading into what's billed as his final major address Sunday, and some Muslims are wondering if the fiery orator — now slowed by poor health — will try to repair old divisions between his movement and mainstream Islam.

Farrakhan's scheduled appearance at Ford Field, home of the NFL's Detroit Lions, will be his first since ceding leadership last year to an executive board because of illness.

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 6336
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe because he's older & slower he won't diss Jews this time.

BTW, how did Detroit get this "honor"?

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4070
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Snoop Dogg gonna be the opening act?

Karl

Post Number: 6337
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Followed by Ludicrus.

Walterwaves
Username: Walterwaves

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yea, mebbe he will stop teaching young black men and women how to hate people for no damn reason.

I hope he rots in hell racist bastard.

well, at least a slow horrible death.

its people like him, sharpton, jackson and groups like the skinheads and the klan along with many old timers that will not let this racism sh*t rest.
Our kids learn from these bitter phuques and carry on in perpetual motion racism , bigotry and hate all of which in 2007 is pretty much baseless.

yup, I hope he rots in a slow torrid death.
Now we just hafta hope the above mentioned die the same damn way.

(Message edited by walterwaves on February 21, 2007)

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've had a little post card flier with this guy's photo stuck to my driver's side window this entire winter...and it will not come off!

Plus, when I look out my window, he is staring back at me on a billboard on top of that red building at Woodward & Hancock! D'ARRR!

Better be a good speech. :-)

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 286
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh, what do Snoop Dogg and Ludicris have to do with Farrakhan? Neither is Islamic and neither is "a racist bastard."
So what's the joke? Or are you trying to make a race joke? I don't get it.
And I don't think Jesse Jackson is NEARLY as bad as Farrakhan or Sharpton and CERTAINLY isn't as bad as the skinheads and the KKK. Can you really compare those two groups to any of those guys?

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 201
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow....it seems like every time someone post something that has to do with African Americans people make comments that have a racist undertone,what the hell is happening to the forum?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 499
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this a religious event? I'm not one to be against any religion or personal beliefs, but anyone that goes through ticketmaster to find the way to God is wasting their time, IMO.

(Message edited by DetroitSTAR on February 22, 2007)

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Farrakhan, skinheads and the KKK all go together nicely. They all are racist pieces of sh#t that will rot in hell…..one is no worse or “better” than the other.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jesse is just a media whore...I know the guy fairly well from working in Chicago politics and don't dislike him as a person, but he often pushes things too far and ends up hurting the cause.....Many think its just to feed his ego and I would not argue.

(Message edited by tkelly1986 on February 22, 2007)

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3867
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rhawk, it is just a reflection of society at large outside of cyber space anyway. The anonymity of the internet allows people to say what they really and truly feel since it's a faceless medium...

Walterwaves

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jesse Jackson is more than a media whore. Do your homework.
How do u think the good reverend makes his money?
Are they as bad as the skinheads and the klan? Yea, they are. They poison our childrens minds and feed like vampires off of the poor.

Are they violent? no, but they teach it and in turn it makes those who follow them do violent deeds so same shit, different day.
You don't have to be part of a group that claims they blew up 4 little girls in a church when you can just be a lone moron acting on the beliefs you have been taught by these despicable monsters.

As far as Snoop and Ludacris, Im assuming the person that posted that does not know what he/she is talking about because I have never heard either of those young men utter anything racist or derogatory regarding ones race/religion/creed

Maybe their comment was racist undertoned, I dont know, but it certainly felt like it to me and I would think Karl and Patrick would apologize on this thread for making those comments if they were meant in that way.

Nevertheless, the thread is about Louis "im dying have some pity on me for all the wrong I did" Farabitch not the posters.

I hope all those morons rot in hell along with their racist white/mexican/asian/any others left counterparts.

I cant wait to see all the morons followers flock to see him like they did in DC.
Racism is alive and well because of people like this. If the city were smart they would have a group of people come on after him to talk about peace and love amongst people of all colors but that wont happen because as proof stands positive racism is HUGE money.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 238
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do my homework? That’s some arrogance you have there. I am not defending Jesse and know exactly where he gets his money from, but his whoreish nature is what brings in the money….they go hand and hand. Get off your high horse.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 416
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Louis Farrakhan and the NOI are not hardly in the same ranks as the KKK and Skinheads. The NOI is not a terrorist organization (as is the KKK) and it did not go around terrorizing ethnic groups like the others named.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's all hate and that’s the problem; do not justify them; they have done their fare share of terrorizing by putting violent images and ideas in people’s head…..they are on the same level.

(Message edited by tkelly1986 on February 22, 2007)

Walterwaves

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kelly,

I certainly do not want to turn this into an argument because it is obvious you and I are basically on the same page but I must tell you that to my knowledge (and it is directly related) Jackson is basically a corporate blackmailer .
But thats a whole different topic. Im just glad the wicked witch of the midwest is about to meet her maker.
Anyway, maybe we will discuss this racism thing a little more in depth another time.

thanx

Iheartthed

Post Number: 417
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not justifying them, I'm telling the truth. There is a big difference between what they did and what the KKK and Skinheads do/have done.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see what you mean and I would not argue against that either.....is Jesse a racist? I could go either way on that assumption.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2488
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I see what you mean and I would not argue against that either.....is Jesse a racist?

yes ...

Walterwaves

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IhearttheD ,

please, if you do not see that making excuses for morons like that is inexcusable then I feel bad for you.
Please take a moment and open your eyes to the destruction people like Sharpton, Jackson and Farakhan have done to the African American population in this country.
Planting the seed of racism and inequality amongst the races in ones mind is more dangerous to a whole people than
independent physical acts of violence.
Doing what they do does not help African Americans it only seperates them more and more from the people that live here and that my friend is not only dangerous to them but to all because if a race war ever happens in this country it would be chaos and a lot of people would be killed. Not just black and white, but all others browns, yellows, reds and so on because no one would know who to side with and , damn I just can't even fathom what would happen it would be the utter end of this country and if you think thats a good thing my friend take a good look at the way %99 of the world lives and then see if it really is that bad here in America.
While our country is not perfect, I think we do a pretty good job at holding things together amongst ourselves and with the likes of all those I mentioned being out of the picture, imagine what our country could become.

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NOI is not Islam. Mainstream Islam, including everybody from strict Wahhabists (basically "far right"), to Sufi Muslims (basically "far left"), reject NOI as a farce.

There are many African American Muslims, but NOI has no connection to Islam. They might as well call themselves Nation of Buddhism or whatever. The real successor group to Malcolm X is at a mainstream Sunni Muslim mosque in Central Harlem.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 488
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not a Muslim, but I love to hear Farrakhan speak. His messages are so powerful and uplifting. I listen to him all the time, and I don't hate white people...or jews....

It's funny, it seems like everytime someone puts up a post talking about an African American that's in the spotlight, the negativity starts going crazy. I find that very interesting.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 241
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Powerful and uplifting are YOU crazy? The only people that see his nonsense as powerful and uplifting are racists themselves; you can say you don’t hate white people and Jews all you wants, but taking this guy seriously says otherwise.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3692
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am no fan of Louis Farrakhan, particularly his anti-semitic pronouncements, but to equate him and the Nation of Islam to the KKK and Nazi skinheads is to show ignorance of history not to mention betraying thinly disguised hateful attitudes no different than the ones that are being expressed on this thread.

Farrakhan has been very ill and as to he might choose to select Detroit, some on this thread might be encouraged to open their history books, or at least click off to Google. Then they would realize the Nation of Islam's roots are here in Detroit in the 1930's mainly through the efforts of an Elijah Poole, aka Elijah Muhammad, and born of a reaction to the vicious racism which gripped Detroit and America in that era.

Their 'go-it-on-their-own' themes and practice of self-help, personal discipline, self pride and spirituality made huge contributions to later-to-rise civil rights movement that removed laws holding down an entire people, not just the NOI. It always amazed me how many racists who are fond of describing Afro-Americans as shiftless or lacking self discipline were the same people who flip out at the mention of the NOI or any who espouse and practice the opposite.

Like them or not, Elijah Muhammad and the NOI are a significant and often overlooked chapter of history in Detroit and America.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 419
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" please, if you do not see that making excuses for morons like that is inexcusable then I feel bad for you.
Please take a moment and open your eyes to the destruction people like Sharpton, Jackson and Farakhan have done to the African American population in this country. "

Please, stop it. I am not a big fan of any of those people, but them spreading racism? Not hardly. You need to open your eyes to a history book. Racism is not something that black people invented or have ever had any control over in this country. If anything, they were geniuses for giving the underclass some type, ANY type of voice. That's why they are heralded. Contrary to popular (inaccurate) opinion, many black people don't buy 100% of what any of these "leaders" say. But it isn't about that, it's about having a unified voice in the mainstream. To call them racist is to not understand racism.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3868
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SO according to common wisdom then I must be racist because I like some of the things Farrakhan has to say...

But then again it must be true when people say that the truth hurts, so some of the reactions on this board are typical (mot to mention predictable)...

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3869
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me add to that Iheart...

*ahem*

"To call them racist is a weak attempt at owning up to one's OWN racism"

Bratt

Post Number: 489
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, if I like some of Farrakhan's teachings I am a racist? No, sounds like you are ignorant. So, maybe Farrakhan has a problem with white people....that doesn't bother me at all. The truth of the matter is, he still speaks about alot of very positive things.

You probably go to church on Sundays right? You listen to your priests and his teachings. But you also hear of all these priests molesting little boys. There is a possibility that your priest may be one of those molestors who haven't got caught yet. But I bet you, you are still Catholic and you still go to church. Molesting little boys is wrong, but you are still Catholic. So does that make you a molester too?

Walterwaves

Post Number: 115
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i gotta give Malcom credit. He started out in that racist organization and realized it was all wrong.
When he tried to undo the wrongs what happen? He got offed by the so called loving NOI leaving a wife and children behind.
yup, who said NOI is not dangerous.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3871
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How are you so sure that he was 'offed' by the NOI? Has that ever been proven definitely? I seem to recall that the Feds continually monitored him as well...

But I forgot it it always easier to call as group that fought for and advocates for the rights of oppressed people racists while you still live happy in your priviledge...

Telling you certain situation bring the true people out all the time despite their BEST attempts at playing the "I'm not racist!" card...

Walterwaves

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am no fan of Louis Farrakhan, particularly his anti-semitic pronouncements, but to equate him and the Nation of Islam to the KKK and Nazi skinheads is to show ignorance of history not to mention betraying thinly disguised hateful attitudes no different than the ones that are being expressed on this thread.

Obviously Lowell, you can not see either.

Walterwaves

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How are you so sure that he was 'offed' by the NOI? Has that ever been proven definitely? I seem to recall that the Feds continually monitored him as well...

oh please, lets not go into financial details of the heirarchy of the NOI and their under the table dealings. Please, do not make a conversation into child's game.
Its obvious who killed Malcom and it damn sure was not the government.

Walterwaves

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote"

It's funny, it seems like everytime someone puts up a post talking about an African American that's in the spotlight, the negativity starts going crazy. I find that very interesting.

No Bratt, its not because he is an african american, its because he is a racist. Would u like to talk about racists of other colors? Id be glad to jump down their throats too.
Its obvious that you a presumptious little bratt because you draw automatic conclusions that anyone that has anything negative to say about a black person is a racist.
Are you daft? really, I mean what is it? Can people that happen to be black do no wrong in your eyes? Or maybe you are a racist and really just can not see it.
Let me whisper a little secret to you little one . PSSSSt,,pssst all people, no matter what color can be evil , some more than others but not dependent on their color but their demeanor and that includes all of those I mentioned.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3872
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry play boy I prefer kick it instead of kiss it.

Where in my post did I specifically call YOU a racist? Or is your subconscious screaming otherwise reflecting how you truly feel? Racists go about their daily lives everyday NOT doing things overtly racist but it don't change the fact that some people are.

I chal;enge you again. SHOW ME where I said in my post that YOU SpECIFICALLY were racist?

I think someone got something that they don't want to face. You need to check yourself for real...

And btw how obvious is that? Do you have intimate knowledge of it or are you once again going by what conventional wisdom and contemporary history is telling you to think AGAIN?

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farrakhan shouldn't be compared with the KKK. I would more equate him with the other racist reverend Pat Robertson. Both spew hate from the pulpit in the name of their "gods". Neither are worth listening to. Good riddance Farrakhan!

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 702
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe - and you can look it up - that L. Farrakhan has said that he may have been inadvertently complicit in Malcolm X's murder.

And you also need to look up the zebra murders in San Francisco. Things may have calmed down in the NOI lately. Maybe they are not murdering people any more. However, I have two friends that were doing landscaping in Indian Village a few years ago and two guys from the NOI house there came over repeatedly and harrassed them and finally beat them to heck - putting them in the hospital. No one at the precinct would do the slightest follow-up. It was like the incident report went to Mars.

Bratt

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay Walter, pull your panties out of your ass. I didn't say anything about any of you being a racist.....my post simply states that every time someone puts up a post on an African American, the negativity starts. So shut up on that.

And furthermore, you asked if I would like to start a conversation on any other person who is racist regardless of color...why sure..why not. You all have called all of the people that we look up to racist, so let's not make it an African American person this time okay? And personally, we could give a damn if the non African American population do not like who we call leaders..just to let yall know.

I just find it kind of interesting though. Whites keep screaming "Racist this and racist that". If Farrakhan, or Jackson, or Sharpton are racist, let them be. Heaven knows there are millions of white racists out there......what's another three?

Bratt

Post Number: 491
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Out of Curiousity...since yall have said that most black people are racist (in so many words), I would love to know what you think about Tavis Smiley?

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tavis Smiley: I have watched him on PBS, and for the most, his shows deal mostly with racial issues and racism. I enjoy talk shows, but his seems to be exclusive on racism. I have watched him maybe 10 times or so, so if I am wrong, I apologize, but after the 7th or 8th show, I would like to hear more about what positive things his guests have to say.

They recently had a gay black autor who was HIV positive, and he wrote an excellent book about HIV, AIDS, and what he experienced in losing all his friends who were gay that succumbed to the virus.
The author read some excerpts and were truly inspirational dealing with death and losing loved ones. SO, on that note, I enjoyed Smileys show........ Jane

Walterwaves

Post Number: 121
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

who the hell said most black people are racist?

I didnt read that anywhere or is this something in the back of your mind that is itchig to come out?

And if someone did say that then they are wrong, because A) my family is not racist
B) my wife is not racist

Most black folk I run into I do not feel are racist but yet, same goes for most folks period.

I just hate the ones that are like some of the "leaders" if thats what u like to call them.

Bratt

Post Number: 492
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And just to clarify something okay..I am going to come out and say it:

ALL PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!!!!

We all make judgements on other people according to their skin color or religion. Here are some examples:

I think Catholics are crazy and I don't particularly care to be around them.....they worship the Pope, they accept that their Priests are child molesters, and they pray to saints.

When driving and I get cut off by an Asian driver...I say "figures".

When I hear of teenagers going into schools and shooting people randomly and see that it was a white kid.....I say "figures".

And let's face it:

When you all hear of a drive by shooting, you automatically assume a brother did it. (Don't lie).

When you are walking down the street and you see three brothers with hoodies coming your way, your heart starts to race and you grab that purse real tight. (don't lie).

When they had that incident with the Sniper, everyone assumed it was a disturbed white man...when they showed the pictures of two African American men.......we all just went damn!

Racial stereotyping...profiling...wha tever you want to call it.....it's racism!

God made us all different for a reason.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3873
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt any person of color that expresses anything along the lines of equality and level playing fields for people of color are automatically racist...

Ans walt I highly advise you check yourself for real...

Janesback

Post Number: 238
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you are walking down the street and you see three brothers with hoodies coming your way, your heart starts to race and you grab that purse real tight. (don't lie).

---------------------------

Ironic, because Jesse Jackson had the same thing happen to him as well. He was walking late at night in New York, heard 5 men walking behind him, and was extremely anxious and afraid. He felt he was being followed and going to be mugged.

Then something happened.

He stated, and again, this is what he said....." You guys cant imagine the relief I felt when I turned around and saw it was only 5 white kids"
"I was really scared there for a minute"

And yes, he DID make those statements. Thanks, Jane

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4075
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, not racist at all. I think it's funny as hell. Every big shot like Farrakhan needs an opening act. Didnt Ted Nugent do some bullshit with the rebel flag not long ago at some msort of event?

http://www.adl.org/special_rep orts/farrakhan_own_words2/on_j ews.asp

Walterwaves

Post Number: 122
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as per no Style,

Bratt any person of color that expresses anything along the lines of equality and level playing fields for people of color are automatically racist...
Me: No dummy, its any person that has a racist agenda that is a racist, not people looking for equality in a peaceful non violent manner and being blatantly bigoted against others to further their own agenda.
Ans walt I highly advise you check yourself for real...
ME:
Really, why is that? will I be hurt or something?Seriously, what exactly are you trying to say? Is this a threat?

Janesback

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patrick, Nugent showed up for Rick Perrys inaguariation in Austin, Texas in January of 2007. That is when he was asked to preform and he brought the flag. Jane

Walterwaves

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO ALL PEOPLE ARE NOT FRIGGIN RACIST!!!!!!!! this only exists in the minds of a true racist.

Please do not get me started on Ted Nugents rebel without a cause racist going back to his southern racist roots ass.

I hate him too.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 655
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson sure as shit is a bigot, remember he is "sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust" (direct quote). He also made a comment about Nixon not caring about poor black people because "four out of five of his advisors are Jews."

And after he made his now infamous "Hymietown" comment, he at first denied he made that comment, then he said that it was a Jewish conspiracy to bring him down. And who came to Jackson's defense, none other than that piece of shit anti-semite Louis Farrakhan, who went on the radio and issues a threat to the Jews, "If you harm this brother [Jackson], it will be the last one you harm." I don't know about you, but that sounds like a not-so-veiled threat of violence to me.

Maybe Farrakhan and Jackson haven't been directly involved in violence like the KKK and neo-Nazis, but there is no denying that they all share the same ideology when it comes to certain groups.

Bratt

Post Number: 493
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Farrakhan or Jackson offend you, don't listen to them....or watch them on tv.....or whatever. There are plenty of people I don't particularly care for, so I avoid them.

Walter, the basis for racism is the word hate. And you use that word quite freely.

And the only way you are going to avoid racism is to die. So deal with it, or go jump off a bridge. We have been dealing with it for many, many years!

Walterwaves

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The basis of racism is to hate someone because of skin color, religion, sexual orientation etc.

Not because you happen to describe someone in your rant as white/black whatever they may be and then use the word hate also. If you hate them for their color, then yes, you are a racist.

Psychology is not your strong point child. Leave this forum and the discussion of racism / bigotry to the grown folk.

Now go back to your school books before I put you over my knee and spank you.

Walterwaves

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im done with this discussion and the obvious blatant dumb lack of life's experiences racists on this board.

Go wallow in your sorry pitiful lives because as long as you remain racist, you will remain pitiful as will your life.

I feel for you guys. I really do. I know it does'nt matter to you but maybe when you are older you will see what I mean.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 166
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Walterwaves, you are not the be all and end all of expertise on racism. Nobody is. Calm down a little bit. It's a complicated and definitely touchy subject, but reading all these posts, I really don't think ANY of you disagree with each other that much. Certainly not enough to warrant all the flaming going on here. Bratt, Walter does not need to jump off a bridge. Walter, Bratt does not have a sorry pitiful life and is not obviously blatantly dumb.

Actually scrolling back through this and trying to figure out what specific points you two are debating... I can't. Nothing but broad generalizations and assumptions. I think the two of you have more in common than you realize.

Karl

Post Number: 6339
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rhymeswithrawk said: "Uh, what do Snoop Dogg and Ludicris have to do with Farrakhan? Neither is Islamic and neither is "a racist bastard."

Oh, sorry - I forgot that on DetroitYes when black men call black women ho's & b*itches, and refer to each other as n***ers that's not racist - only when white men call them that -

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4858
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great thread. This is quite an education.

Remember, Malcolm Little, an autoworker came to Detroit from Lansing. He became a big shot with Black Muslims on Linwood in jjaba's Jewish neighborhood and moved to New York as Malcolm X. Detroit does have a long history with Black Muslims.

As for Snoop Dog, "it if ain't 'fly', don't buy!"

America is a very big place. If you wanna make a speech, hire a hall. If jjaba could attract 75,000 he'd hire Ford Field too.

Anybody white writing here should remember that white guys don't choose Black leaders. Can't we all just get along?

jjaba, Bar Mitzvah Bukkor, on the Westside.

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 300
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rhymeswithrawk said: "Uh, what do Snoop Dogg and Ludicris have to do with Farrakhan? Neither is Islamic and neither is "a racist bastard."

Oh, sorry - I forgot that on DetroitYes when black men call black women ho's & b*itches, and refer to each other as n***ers that's not racist - only when white men call them that -

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Karl, I don't even understand what it is you're trying to say.
Someone says Farrakhan. Then someone says Snoop Dogg and Ludacris can open. That makes no sense. What do those two rappers have to do with Farrakhan?
That was my issue. How is that hypocritical? Enlighten me.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 550
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hahaha, Karl chasing unicorns again, he must have listed to a Snoop CD recently because this hip hop is racist is his latest rant. This thread is starting to resemble a non Detroit issues thread with all the accusations of racism floating around.

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 303
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahaha, chasing unicorns! Well, giddyup.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 551
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The basis of racism is to hate someone because of skin color, religion, sexual orientation etc."

And I doubt that if you go to this speech you will hear much of that, the NOI has softened over the years there also losing relevancy since they cant blame and hate the white man for everything anymore. Im NO fan of Fakeakkkan he may have been involved in my hero El Hajj Malik Shabazz's death so screw him. Most black muslims in this country follow the organization led Elijah Mohammeds son which is a very calm group, even to the point of boring.

Oh and RIP Malcolm X killed 42 years ago yesterday by his own people.

(Message edited by mayor_sekou on February 22, 2007)

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 242
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt: you are causing more problems than you are addressing.... not to mention constantly proving everyone right who calls you ignorant. Your comments are asinine and offensive. Assuming we all hate each other? That is a load of crap…..and if so, why do we even try to be PC, why don’t you just come out and call us all crackers or honkey’s because God knows that’s what you are thinking. However, this is not surprising; you are always the first to avoid self-responsibility and blame whitey. You would also be the first one up in arms if someone reversed your catholic comment. As a catholic, what if I came out and said, I do not like black people and do not like to be around them because they are shiftless, ignorant, crooked, worthless drains on society….you would not just say “that’s your opinion” you would be saying “typical whitey”. Go create problems elsewhere.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 746
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if Calypso Louie will see any UFO's while in the fair city of Detroit?

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 310
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. This thread is really making me question if the city of Detroit can ever be saved. Some of this stuff is just insane. Color me colorblind, but wow.

Bratt

Post Number: 494
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not creating problems, expressing my opinions like everyone else on this post.

Andyguard73 started the post because Farrakhan is coming to Detroit. Everyone couldn't wait to chime in and express their hatred. I have noticed this quite frequently. Many of these posts turn into racist conversations.

While the topic of racism is a very hot topic,it needs to be discussed and people need to voice their opinions.

tkelly1986: You are the perfect example of what we have been talking about. You said:

"You are always the first to avoid self-responsibility and blame whitey".

You don't know me. I am a successful African American female, and my children are following in my footsteps. Many wish they had what I have. I am not down and out and don't blame the MAN every time I have a problem. But, of, course like I said, that is usually the first thing out of your mouths.

All I said that racism exists everywhere...with every race...and every religion. It's reality. if you truly don't like blacks, that's your decision...I just wouldn't deal with you.

Hysteria

Post Number: 2491
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I am a successful African American female, and my children are following in my footsteps. Many wish they had what I have.

Star Jones, is that you?

Bratt

Post Number: 496
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah girl....how did you know?

Hysteria

Post Number: 2492
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah girl = yes sir.

Bratt

Post Number: 501
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry....

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 703
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's a brat, but you have to like her!

Bratt

Post Number: 502
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Southwestmap!

I try not to be too much of a bratt.

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With the likes of George Bush, Dick Cheney, once Tom Delay and corporate shitbags like the Enron boys out there some of you really feel threatened by Louis Farrakhan?.............give me a break.

He unlike those listed above can not harm any of you_ perhaps some of you as enlightned as you want us to believe you are really are still afraid of the big bad black boogeyman.

The same mentality that many have about Henry Ford seems to be presenting itself here as well.And that is to reject totally based on some of what a person might stand for. So if the message from Farrakhan is self reliance, self respect and other things that are admirable why such fear?

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 459
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As an aside to this thread: may I suggest that the next time you are in NYC, that you take the subway up to Washington Heights (just north of Harlem) to see the Audubon Ballroom at Broadway and 165th Street. This is the site of Malcolm X's assassination in 1965. The building has been beautifully restored and a large contemporary addition was added about 10 years ago. It's one of my favorite examples of adaptive reuse of an old structure.

Thames

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farrakhan is not a big bad black boogeyman, he is a racist, that is why I don't like him. He preaches about self reliance,self respect, and other things admirable but he also preaches to hate Jews and white people. Right there he loses all credibility. He's just like his white counterpart, Pat Robertson, another racist. They both claim be religious men but they both spew hate in the name of their god. I wonder how Farrakhan is going to jeer Jews and whites this time? I thank his god that it is hopefully the last time we ever hear from him ever again.

Detroitsfirstson
Username: Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the record,

The program this weekend is the crowning day for Black History Month. It is normally held in Chicago but Detroit was chosen this year due to it's NOI significance.

Farrakhan has made a lot of strides from his hate the Jew days. In his last few addresses he has asked for forgiveness in those areas. For most people on this forum, the only time they have ever heard him speak was during the Million Man March. Come on people, that was over 10 years ago. I am sure most of you don't have the EXACT same views about certain things as you did 10 years ago. As far as Jesse and Al go, I don't believe that they teach/preach white hate, they just teach black love. and there is a difference!!

And I also agree with the fact that we are all racist to a degree. We all have racists tendencies whether we want to admit it or not. It is that part that makes us like the animals. Lions and Tigers are both from the cat family, but they don't live in the same habitat. The fact that we are human allows us to mentally get past those differences, but we all have a little animalistic instinct in us

Thames

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His remarks during Katrina was the last time I had the unfortunate opportunity to be exposed to him.

Detroitsfirstson
Username: Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames

I don't recall any Anti-Jew/White comments then. All I recall is the same thing every other African American "leader" was saying/feeling about the situation. Our federal government FAILED the people of New Orleans, most of whom happened to be Black.

I personally feel Katrina was more about class than race, but I believe Farrakhan's comments(at least the ones I heard) were on point for the most part

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 576
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't believe those folks are racist.. in my view they are just CAPITALIZING on racism.. using it to further there own image.. Is that the same thing? I don't know.. But in the same right you can see that Sharpton shows up everytime someone of african american heritage is in the news.. Then he disappears into thin air? What's that about? which is just him trying to rant and rave and keep racism alive.. Not to say he hasn't done good things, but in the same right.. showing up everytime a high profile incident crime occurs is as bad sa Jeffery Feiger is when it comes down to it.. Not calling Feiger a racist.. but he uses high profile cases to get him money.. Bottom line that what these folks seem to be out to get..

Now what amazing me still is when black on black crime happens the community does nothing.. when white on black crime occurs riots almost occur.. why is that? Is a black on black crime that routine? AND ACCEPTED?

Cause?.. I don't even think they have a cause anymore.. they just want to be more famous and make more money.. There CAUSE.. NOT THE cause.. clarification there.. racism exist.. and it's well rooted.. but needs to be expanded a bit.. racism certainly isn't just black.. But everytime you see a muslim, indian, or hispanic harrassed, beaten or otherwise.. you don't see Esham, Rakesh, or Jose coming with a rally.. sorry folks.. it's not there way.. They don't hit the racism red button every 5 seconds.. that's the difference..

The federal government did fail in many ways in New Orleans.. but in the same right.. the federal government in past floods have MARKED certain mid-west small towns as NOT being allowed to rebuild and they MUST relocate because they are in a flood plain..

The fact that New Orleans Mayor rejected that SOUND advice was not the feds fault.. it's not the feds fault that the lower income were located in the areas that were the most badly damaged.. The fed failed in some ways.. BUT look at the big picture the CITY FAILED FIRST!!! They didn't even use there own plan they had on the books for a handling a disaster of that kind...The buses meant to transport people to safe areas were UNDER WATER! Because the city DIDN'T act.. The city at FIRST said OHH we have it handled.. so therefore fema just provided high level aid..

Lots of issue down there in New Orleans.. but I just hope the next city that has a disaster of that scale.. WHICH BTW has never happened in the past 100 years.. affected that many people in such a small area! Lets keep that in mind TOO! That the fed AND local governments handle it better..

Dan

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5147
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And THIS, this thread, is exactly why this nation is quick on its way to a full-scale social collapse.

You know, in my short life, it's been proven to me time and time and time again that there is no such thing as an open, honest, mature, and civil on race in America. It's about who can yell the loudest, who can most closely compare whom with Hitler and other infamous racists, and how many of the other handful of boogeymen can be evoked for shock value.

We truly are hopeless, and it looks like we're well on and far down the road to proving MLK's words that we will most definitely perish together as fools. This proves how 'rewarding' it is to take the low road, and the road most traveled by. Great job.

Thoughtfulness? I guess most of you are wondering "what the hell is that?"

For all of you, however, that have tried to affirm the humanity of others, and remain civil and mature, congratulations. You all know who you are.

(Message edited by lmichigan on February 22, 2007)

Karl

Post Number: 6340
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to Digitaldom Dan for the best post on this thread. "Fair and balanced."

Unfortunately, it was followed by this cluelessness: "We truly are hopeless, and it looks like we're well on and far down the road to proving MLK's words that we will most definitely perish together as fools."

Speak for yourself, Lmichigan.

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"With the likes of George Bush, Dick Cheney, once Tom Delay and corporate shitbags like the Enron boys out there some of you really feel threatened by Louis Farrakhan?"

Well said Citylover. As a white person in America, my right to life, liberty, and happiness has been more threatened by stupid white men in power than any other race/ethnicity/religion.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 421
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"As a catholic, what if I came out and said, I do not like black people and do not like to be around them because they are shiftless, ignorant, crooked, worthless drains on society…."

LOL, what the hell does being catholic have to do with anything? There are plenty of black catholics...

Iheartthed

Post Number: 422
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"With the likes of George Bush, Dick Cheney, once Tom Delay and corporate shitbags like the Enron boys out there some of you really feel threatened by Louis Farrakhan?.............give me a break. "

And that's really all that needs to be said.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iheartthed: I was responding to Bratt's comment about disliking catholics....I am well aware there are plenty of black catholics

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 247
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am curious, did anyone attend the Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan's speech yesterday at Ford Field?

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 675
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went Quozl, and the speech was excellent.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am glad to hear that. I met Louis Farrakhan about 20 years ago on the Florida Turnpike. His Lincoln had broke down and the hood was up and two dudes in suits were looking at the engine so I stopped to see if they needed any help. I got out of my ride, approached the vehicle and asked them what was the problem. It ended up they had a broken fan belt.

I drove one of the guys back with me to a NAPA store at the Wildwood/I-75 exit where we bought a new fan belt and some bottles of gatoraid. I put the belt on for them as I had a boatload of tools in the trunk. Louis was in the backseat with the windows rolled down the whole time and got out to thank me when all was said and done. He offered me 50 bucks for helping them but I refused as I told him I helped people out all the time as I anticipated one day I would be in the same situation and had hoped someone might give me a hand.

We talked for about 15 minutes about generosity, my hometown of Detroit and calypso singing (I am a big Reggae fan). He gave me his business card (w/ autograph on the back) and I had one of the guys take a few pictures of me with Louis with my old 110 Kodak Instamatic Camera. I will have to scan the pics and the biz card and post it if anyone is interested.

I was sad to read that Louis thinks he will soon be with spiritual father due to his illness. Did he look okay?

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 721
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, can this thread be deleted? I suspect that if most of the forumers were given another chance, a much better discussion on this subject could occur. But then again, you never know. Sometimes it's just too hard to resist slurring Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Catholics.

Karl

Post Number: 6380
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's what the NYT's/James Taranto had to say:

From Best of the Web Today 2/26/2007

Farrakhan for President!

Louis Farrakhan "gave what was billed as his last major public address" yesterday, the New York Times reports:

Mr. Farrakhan, 73, looking fairly robust for a man who emerged from major surgery six weeks ago, spent most of his two-hour address denouncing the war in Iraq and calling for the impeachment of President Bush.

"If you don't want to impeach him," Mr. Farrakhan said, "censure him, say to the world something went wrong with our leadership and we repent after our wrongdoing." . . .

Despite his frail health, Mr. Farrakhan on Sunday demonstrated the same passion that has held followers rapt and angered his detractors. He assailed the Bush administration for the war in Iraq, which he said was built on lies and had caused great suffering and disunity.

"Sunni and Shiite lived together, Christian and Jews lived together in Iraq, you didn't hear none [sic] of this stuff before America came in," Mr. Farrakhan said. "There was no bombing of Shiite holy places. You don't need to look at Shiite and Sunni, you need to look at those who came in. After they came in all hell broke loose."

Mr. Farrakhan also urged young black Americans not to join the military.

"I am telling you brother and sister that will be the worst mistake you make to join the military today, because you will leave America in one way and you will come back in another," he said.

Wow, this guy is great! He's Russ Feingold, John Kerry and Charlie Rangel all rolled into one! And at 73, he's only three years older than John McCain. With the Democrats looking for an alternative to Hillary Clinton, why in the world doesn't Farrakhan throw his hat into the ring?

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 163
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The sad thing about this is all of the so-called prominent black leaders who showed up to listen to this lunatic, they legitimize him and marginalize themselves.

I for one will do everything I can to see that not 1 dollar of my tax money goes towards the Cobo Hall renovation when we have people like Kilpatrick aligning themselves with the likes of this piece of garbage.

He has not renounced anything he has said in the past, and those who say that his jew hating days are behind him are being naive. There are many leaders in his organization who continue to espouse these views and much worse.

(Message edited by perfectgentleman on February 26, 2007)

Digitaldom

Post Number: 577
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately Mr. Farrakhan does not know his history as it relates to Iraq.. When Saddam was taken out the first time (first iraq war) there was a huge uprising of Shiite's after the war, and Saddam used terror tactics to get the Shiite's to basically calm down..

Now the funny part I saw a history channel special about top-secret operations during and just before the major 2003 conflict occured. Turns out in the original iraq war Saddam blew up all the bridges to Baghdad to prevent the US from coming into the city.

In the new conflict - At first military planners couldn't figure out WHY Saddam DIDN'T blow the bridges because strategically it makes perfect sense. Turns out after interviewing the Iraqi high leadership there was a good reason NOT to blow the bridges.. Saddams's thinking was he would be the leader AGAIN after the US left, during the first conflict he couldn't get his military into the Shiite's areas to stop the violence, so this time he chose not to blow the bridges..

The violence between the 2 major Islam factions has ALWAYS been a problem, only reason the violence wasn't happening is because of 2 reasons... one saddam killed anyone who opposed him, and LIKE North Korea just because it's not in the news doesn't mean it's happening.. He controlled the media.. therefore you could have a 1000 people dying everyday, but if the news didn't report it.. would you really know if it was happening?

I don't necessarily agree with us going to War with Iraq mind you.. but I wanted to point out some high level facts is.. We didn't start the conflict between Iraqi's.. the way his speech is laid out there.. he claims everyone was happy and dumb under Saddam.. well he didn't talk to real Iraqis then.. hmmm...

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The NOI advocates a U.S. government funded homeland for Black Americans to rectify past injustices. There is a bakery on Livernois just north of 7 mile called Shabazz; I stopped in to purchase one of them bean pies they sell at the counter in gas stations. I didn't feel unwelcome and got fast friendly service.

Digitaldom

Post Number: 580
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well actually the NOI may want to look at Africa a bit closer there.. because that has ALREADY occured.. do these folks read history or just make it up? Serious.. OMFG.. Does anyone know there history these days.. Liberia FOLKS! Here's the article...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L iberia

That is just plain stupidity on the part of NOI.. these folks just amaze me on there lack of research.. and twisting history.. read the page.. it's true..

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2105
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That is just plain stupidity on the part of NOI.. these folks just amaze me on there lack of research.. and twisting history.. read the page.. it's true..

That's just what the Man wants yo to believe.

Digitaldom

Post Number: 582
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL... nice.. LOL...

Digitaldom

Post Number: 583
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ohh yeah.. and there flag looks just like the US flag... yeah..

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 322
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its on CSPAN now....

Digitaldom

Post Number: 584
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I was watching it.. Then he starting praising Hugo Chavez... which btw.. read the news.. the guy is creating a dictatorship.. I stopped watching after that.. too much BS for me to take.. I could take notes on what he said was wrong and right.. but for the most part it was all America bashing.. sad.. BUT I will say this.. this is America! The ONLY country in which he can have that kind of speech and not be censored or killed for it.. So take that as you will..And he has the right to say what he thinks.. and that folks is why this country is great...

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 750
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, how could anybody have paid money to watch that speech and walked out feeling satisfied? Whoever said that Louie was a great speaker must've been high. Rambling and uninspiring.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.