Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Allen Road in Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 441
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone here know if there is an Allen Rd. anywhere in the city of Detroit? And if so where is it located? Thanks. John.

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there is an allen place it is a one block street that runs east off oakman south of grandriver. Its the only allen within the city limits

Johnnny5

Post Number: 442
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks!

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 347
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Allen Rd. is Downriver.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4817
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Allen Road was the logging trail John(?) Allen blazed to the area that now bears his name (Allen Park)

Fredgarvin
Username: Fredgarvin

Post Number: 27
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Allen Road runs as far south as the Trenton, Flat Rock area, and I know terminates at Rotunda Dr in northern Melvindale. It runs through Flat Rock, Trenton, Southgate, Allen Park, Melvindale.

Hope this helps. Used to be my old stomping ground.

Johnnny5

Post Number: 446
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was trying to help a person from Arizona who was scammed by someone using an address on Allen Rd in Detroit. Nationexfinancial.com was the culprit and it turns out the business doesn't exist which is pretty much what I expected. Thanks for the help.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4891
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, the Forum as security services.

Can Johnny5 tell us the nature of the scam as a warning shot?

jjaba, Westsider.

Johnnny5

Post Number: 447
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Basically the company promised to provide debt relief loans for those with poor credit. The catch is that in order to qualify for the loan they require a substantial payment in advance. Once they receive the payment you get the run around for a few weeks until they skip town and set up shop somewhere else. One would have to be extremely naive (or desperate) to fall for the scam, but I hate to see someone on hard times lose what little they have.

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 82
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I checked out there website the address they list puts them on allen rd in melvindale on the edge of Detroit.

Checkered_past
Username: Checkered_past

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Allen Rd. begins at Greenfield In Melvindale. :-}

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

actually it doesn't run through Trenton..It runs through Woodhaven..Trenton and Woodhaven are right next to each other...Actually, I don't think it runs through Flat Rock either. I do know it ends at Gibraltar Rd in Gibraltar.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2462
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It doesn't run through Trenton, Flatrock or Gibraltar. It runs through Woodhaven and Brownstown Twp at it's southern end. It does end at Gibraltar Rd. A couple of blocks west of Gibraltar.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks

Japes
Username: Japes

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Originally Allen road actually went across Fort street to meet with Fort Rd/Dixie Hwy. Back in those days it was all Brownstown Township. For a time part of it from Fort rd. to West road was part of the Alt US-24 Highway.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.