Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Road Rage « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070222/NEW S04/70222034

I'm guessing she was doing the speed limit in the fast lane. That's grounds for getting run off the road on Detroit freeways...

Stecks77
Username: Stecks77

Post Number: 276
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess the permit she had for the gun was just for protection, right?

Walterwaves
Username: Walterwaves

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

please don't post items like this because it would be racist if she got 10 yrs in prison for shooting at someone.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 669
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've got it.

Her mug shot is great.

Walter, don't bring race into it, to make fun of bringing race into it. Do you see the problem?

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 497
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dang, I get tired of road rage to, but wow. That's why I refuse to carry a gun with me. And she still looks pissed on the picture.

She should do what I do. When someone is tailgating me, I slow down. Hit me in the back if you want to.

Priceless.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 661
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've noticed the nicer the vehicle I'm driving makes a difference to if I'm a victim of road rage or not. I have no issues when I drive the old Dodge truck. Last problem I had was when I was driving my squire, joe redneck and his girlfriend would not let me merge onto 696, I showed my displeasure by waving my hand vigorously to indicate that I wanted them to get the hell out of my way. Joe Redneck leans out the window and flips me the bird, no biggie. When they finally move up enough and when I get in the lane, molly redneck locks up the bonneville's brakes. That roils me good and I punch the gas fly around them and return the favor. The redneck couple is in shock and disbelief and rage by this point and try to get along side. I engage the passing gear and hi tail it down the fwy. It was funny as they actually tried to keep up but the bonny's 3.8 was no match for the squire's 460. I pulled a Rockford Files move and cut across 4 lanes and bailed out at the coolidge exit, they attempted to follow but got stuck next to a semi. Other then that; road rage what's road rage?

(Message edited by cambrian on February 22, 2007)

Qweek
Username: Qweek

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She should change her first name to "Hot".

The_nerd
Username: The_nerd

Post Number: 403
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One thing about living outside of Michigan in other parts of the midwest, save Chicago, is that there are less assholes. The only drawback is that your "average" Michigan driver is considered grade A A-hole in other states, save N. Illinois.

Walterwaves
Username: Walterwaves

Post Number: 127
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didnt bring race into it ,,,,Im just making fun of those morons who frequent these boards that would make it a race issue.

Im done now.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 498
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian: You are really tough......wow!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11308
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I guess the permit she had for the gun was just for protection, right?

A permit is simply a right to own the gun. A permit would not allow her to carry a gun with her. The article did not mention she had a CPL to carry a gun, simply that she had a permit. I'm more confident that the reporter didn't have a clue what they were asking in this regards, so take it for what it's worth.

If in fact she didn't have a CPL, tack on another 5-10 years to her charge for illegally carrying. This little incident is gonna land her some serious time...if Granholm has any prisons left open to house her.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is cpl different from ccw? I know even with a ccw the you must keep the gun un-loaded and out of reach while in a vehicle.

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 163
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What she did is wrong, no doubt about it. I can somewhat sympathize, though because I feel that by tailgating someone, you are putting their lives in danger. If I am being tailgated and the car in front of me stops suddenly, what are the chances that I will walk away uninjured? Don't I have the right to defend myself when threatened with bodily harm? The police love to give speeding tickets, but I have yet to hear about or see a cop give a tailgating ticket.

Are they trying to get home so fast so that they can watch 5 more minutes of Oprah? If I am being tailgated, I try to move over but this is not always possible and the fact that I CAN'T move over seems to have no relevance to the tailgater.

I am not justifying what this woman did, however. She is nuts.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm gonna have nightmares about that mug shot

Everydayislikesunday
Username: Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 305
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as serious as this situation is -- her picture is classic!

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Odds are the reporter was just trying to indicate that the gun was legally obtained.

Stecks77
Username: Stecks77

Post Number: 278
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stand corrected.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know what is scarier, the road rage mug shot or the suspected husband with the buggy eyes.

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20070223&Category=NEWS05&ArtNo=702230376&Ref=AR&MaxW=275&MaxH=300&border=0

(Message edited by oldredfordette on February 23, 2007)

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 195
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have very severe repetitive stress injuries to the upper body (too many years as a computer geek, don't ya know) that have locked my shoulders and make it quite difficult to steer on curves. Because of this, I generally take surface roads instead of the freeways. I leave for work pretty early in the a.m. (05:20) to avoid traffic. But, when I get somebody riding my ass, I simply pull off on the shoulder of the road and let them pass. The stress from road ragers makes my shoulder knot more and my arms can spasm like crazy, jerking the steering wheel.

At one point, when I pulled off to let a tailgater pass, the tailgater turned out to be a county mounty. After running my plates, license, etc., I was given a stern lecture on why a woman traveling alone at such an early hour should NEVER pull off the road. He didn't care that I was avoiding road ragers but told me, VERY FIRMLY, that what I was doing was too dangerous. Guess you can't win sometimes. ..

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee what a surprise, somebody getting mad at somebody driving a Dodge pick-up.

If I were to guess, Dodge pick-ups, especially red ones, have a higher percentage of annoying drivers than anything else. You never seem to see Saturns being driven to aggravate.

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 462
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She should get 10 years. That's just for clogging the hammer lane, the jerk. No parole.

For firing a shot at the innocent guy, I'd give him a gun and let him take a shot at her from 30 feet. Give him a marksmanship lesson first.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 680
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3rdworldcity = 1stclassjackass

3rdworldcity

Post Number: 463
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Ghetto, at least I'm first class in something. How about you? (I'll bet you're one of those discourteous drivers who clog up the hammer lane as well. Correct?)

That dipsy-doodle told the cops she was "tired of tailgaters." Well, why didn't the nitwit travel in the slower lanes instead of making a beeline for the hammer lane where she knew she would disrupt the flow of traffic? I'll tell you why. She knew the effect she'd have and was itchin' to tangle...and create an opportunity to vent her anger by shooting a somebody.

In my proposed resolution above, if the victim missed her on the first shot I'd give him a bigger gun, and a second shot.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1595
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was surprised that no one had yet posted the best part of the story, her expression:

Bernadette Houghton Headd

This photo needs a caption contest.

(Message edited by Jimaz on February 23, 2007)

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those Dodge Ram trucks have the most aggressive front grills, ever. And the guys who tend to drive them, drive aggressively. If you're in a regular passenger car and one of 'em comes up on your rear, it can be extremely unnerving...

Not that I'm defending what she did....

Kronprinz
Username: Kronprinz

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt did most hilariously

"And she still looks pissed on the picture."

taken downtown, booked on charges, and she's still mad as hell at the asshole.

3rdworldcity

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimaz: How about "You feel lucky today, punk?"

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1367
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those Dodge Ram trucks have the most aggressive front grills, ever.

Oh, I don't know about that...

59 Buick

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 685
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know that she looks mad, exactly, unless by "mad," we mean "insane." That might be her proud "yeah, I did it, so whatcha gonna say" face. She looks like a lot of Detroiters: mentally and socially retarded, but with tons of attitude. My recommendation: Gun taken away, permit revoked. Driver's License suspended for two years. $5000 fine. 30 days served, as a guest of the county.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 686
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And Fury's photo is a scream. That grill looks like it's DYING to kick yer ass.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 681
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey 3rdworld,

I agree with you, the bitch should get at least 10 years for firing a gun, because I totally despise the gun-worshipping mentality in this country and will not tolerate any and all events that might justify owning and using a weapon.

As to "clogging up the hammer lane", I'm not sure what what Hammer Lane means, but I can assure you that you will never find me in the far left lane (watch for a little dark-blue Jetta). For your information, I grew up and learned driving (and drove for the most part of my life so far) in Europe and I can assure you that driving there is much different from here, believe it or not. The "driving as fast as you can on the Autobahn" is a myth. Fact is that you can drive that fast but if you get in trouble past the official speed limit of 120 km/hr, your insurance might not cover you. Fact is that passing on the right is against the rules and almost nobody does it. Hence I cringe every time when being passed on the right, freeway or roadway. Fact is that on European freeways the left lanes are reserved for those who want to drive fast, the right lanes lanes are for those how want to drive more comfortable, everybody there knows that and (for the most part) respect that. This is the way I'm driving here, tailgating assholes behind me or not.

(Message edited by ghetto_butterfly on February 23, 2007)

3rdworldcity

Post Number: 465
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ghetto: Good for you. If everyone had your attitude there would be far fewer accidents resulting from frustrated drivers passing on the right.

I drive as you do. However, I drive very fast and usually in the "hammer lane," the left lane on multi-lane roads. When conditions are such that I don't feel comfortable (icy or getting
that way) in the fast lane I move to the right lane and slow down.

And, I hope you realize that my comments above were fascitious. She was very wrong but possibly temporarily disturbed (in the medical sense); I think she felt justified in making her point the way she did. Too bad. I think Ravine's proposed sentence above is pretty darn reasonable

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 219
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 3:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TFA stated..

quote:

Headd was in a 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier entering I-94 from Hall Road in Harrison Township at 8:10 a.m. Wednesday when a Dodge Ram inched up behind her.

Bitch needed to get the fuck up to speed on an on-ramp. She didn't need to go get a gun, she needed to get her ass back to drivers ed. If that happened so often she felt the need to protect herself, she needs to realize that SHE is the problem, not other people (which is a huge fucking problem in this area).

By the way, all of you drivers out there need to understand how to merge onto a highway. I am sick of tired of those jackasses doing 35mph on the straight on-ramps and then flooring it once you get into the slow lane. WHAT THE FUCK. You're supposed to match your speed with the traffic you are merging with (ie, 60+ mph) on the on-ramp. That's what it's for!

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHG.

Magnasco
Username: Magnasco

Post Number: 223
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its funny how the comments to one little story can help you see the real sides of the people you share cyberspace with.

There have been some great comments about how tailgating is a problem, how those Dodge grills appear very aggressive in the rear view mirror of a car, and how unsafe tailgating is. And I certainly don't condone the gun carrying or use, since carrying it is only waiting for a chance to use it, but that's another post. But I would like to add another point.

When will we actually prosecute tail gaiters for assault, or assault with a deadly weapon. I honestly believe that being behind the wheel of a car on the freeway is the last place that we can really commit unchecked acts of aggression against other people.

As someone pointed out, you don't get pulled over for tailgating. Yet it is a very stressful situation to be in, especially when you are a car being tailgated by a truck. And as some of you have pointed out, us slow retards should just get out of YOUR fast lane, but that points to exactly the entitlement mentality regarding going as fast as you want.

The fact is that there are speed limits and they are there to allow us folks who drive 70 and under a chance to merge in and around those who drive slower. Fast drivers seem to want everyone driving under 75 + to all drive in the same lane and stay out of the far left lane. The fact is that you are breaking the law to begin with by driving that fast.

I only hope that one day we can start bringing charges against those of you who think it is alright to threaten my life with your vehicle, the same as if you had pointed a gun at me. The danger and threat you bring with your truck/suv is just as real.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11314
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Is cpl different from ccw? I know even with a ccw the you must keep the gun un-loaded and out of reach while in a vehicle.

No, they simply changed the wording a few years ago so the it signified "pistol" as opposed to "weapon." Concealed Pistol License vs Carrying Concealed Weapon, though you will still find CCW used 90% of the time throughout the MSP website.

As for keeping the weapon unloaded and out of reach while in your vehicle, you are sadly mistaken. The whole point of the license is to allow you to keep the weapon on you and loaded at all times. For more information go here:

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0, 1607,7-123-1591_3503_4654---,0 0.html

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The far left lane (hammer lane) on any of Michigan’s multi-lane freeways is for passing only, not travel. You have the right lane for enter/exit; two travel lanes, and a passing lane. This is driving 101. I recall a time when two smart-assed dudes were driving in the passing lane on I-94 at about 10 MPH. They were laughing there asses off, as people had to hit their breaks and swerve to avoid hitting them

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 180
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I hate is those old ladies who get to the end of the ramp and then brake. Just merge in, don't stop to see that is coming.

Yes I do drive a red Dodge pickup and Bullet, how was your vacation last week?

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 445
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every Michigan resident who legally owns a handgun must have a purchase permit (Also called a safety inspection certificate) for each gun. As SuperSport mentioned this permit DOES NOT give the owner permission to carry a concealed pistol. The reporter should have given a more detailed description of the type of "permit" the shooter possesses.

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 142
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's something odd here, people writing about how they "hate" what other drivers do. Is it any wonder there's road rage when words like that come out?

As an reference, I took my daughter to a Drivers Edge program last summer. It was broken into four modules and an introduction and summation. A few things stuck out for me that may put some perspective on driving in general. The parents were allowed to observe and were surveyed before the class. We all rated our ability. The lead instructor made a speech about how he was always amazed at how we the parents who rated ourselves so highly have never won the Indy 500. And how we rated other drivers so low. What it all boiled down to is though we think highly of ourselves, we really aren't that good at it. And if you take that perspective when you think of others, just maybe that mistake the other guy makes is much more tolerable.

Oh, BTW, I consider myself an extremely skilled driver. The rest of you suck. I expect and anticipate you to do stupid things. How are you going to piss me off if you demonstrate your lack of intelligence?

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 658
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200 70223/ap_on_fe_st/trigger_happ y_driver;_ylt=Ah2f3vgPHWD4y83aJpqii48u QE4F

She had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Have fun in prison, bitch!

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1716
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hate" is the theme word of the US in this era - from the Pres. right on down

Hate Muslims...
Hate Israel...
Hate fundamentalists...
Hate politicians...
Hate gays...
Hate straights...
Hate the rich...
Hate the poor...
Hate whites...
Hate blacks...
Hate the NRA...
Hate gun control...
Hate developers...
Hate environmentalists...
Hate the domestics...
Hate the foreign...
Hate other drivers
Hate anyone who disagrees with you
Hate just about anyone who isn't you...

:-(

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 207
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes I wish the people here on the forum would say what they really feel.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.