Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Bureau of Urban Living-an Urban General Store-to open in Midtown « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Korridorkid
Username: Korridorkid

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bureau of Urban Living to bring modern home accessories to Midtown

Clare Nelson and her husband, Francis Grunow will open Bureau of Urban Living, a “modern-day urban general store,” in the ground-floor of the Canfield Lofts in April. The store will be stocked with both basic necessities—like bedding, towels and dishes—as well as “more unique designer wares,” says Nelson.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/dev elopmentnews/bureau83.aspx

This is totally what Midtown and North Cass needs to help foster a developing urban residential neighborhood. I can't think of a better fit. Three cheers!

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2475
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...something practical in the central city. I hope they set an example of success, especially as someone considering a move to midtown within 2 years.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1946
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this store is going to be AWESOME! What a great addition to downtown in general, not just midtown!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3693
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And as we all know, Francis Grunow is the Executive Director of Preservation Wayne (a great guy!), and he also posts here.

3 cheers for Clare and Francis!!!!

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4907
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Historic Preservationists with a practical side too. Bravo!

jjaba.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2384
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I talked with Francis and Clare about this a couple of times. I told Clare that when they finally open, I want to make the first purchase at their store.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 755
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At first I didn't care for the name, then...
I realized the double entendre of Bureau.
Not bad.

Best of luck to them; I'll make it a priority to stop in & help fill the register.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8441
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sign that hundred dollar bill, Frank, so when they frame it you can point to your name!

Does sound like a good idea...general store...looks like another good reason to walk that couple of miles to Midtown.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This sounds like a great idea. I met Francis Grunow. Seems like a nice guy. Hope it takes off.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonderful, I'm glad to see this.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 352
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.