Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Riverfront updates « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1125
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have the scoop about the huge amount of constrution that is supposed to being happening on the riverfront? Just curious to know when some of this stuff is going to start being built.

Carharttmike
Username: Carharttmike

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know that a group has bought the vacant land by the Belle Isle bridge. Jerome Bettis and Dave Bing I think.

Innercitydoc
Username: Innercitydoc

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The closest project to construction is currently the @water lofts which just received brownfield SBT credit. The developer is the Belmar group. Other projects are Chene East and west which will be developed by Bettis and Bing. The uniroyal site by the Belle Isle bridge awaits environmental cleanup before construction can begin.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2504
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just drove Atwater and did not find any encouraging signs, other than what we already have known about i.e. progress on the Riverwalk and the various pavilions. Obviously there is a lot to anticipate, but I did not even see any signs of prep work i.e. at @water Lofts. I'm told the Globe Trade Co. building will be adaptively re-used, but again, there was no activity around there yet.

The mystery/wildcard project is the new Port of Detroit facility between the Ren Cen and Hart Plaza. No one really knows that the Port Authority is doing, but we do know all about their plans. So the base of Bates St. still languishes as a fenced in police parking lot. Waste. Of. Space.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.