Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Corner of Griswold and Grand River??? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 219
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anybody know what the hell is going on at the building on the corner of Griswold and Grand River,that guy has been working on that place for what seems like forever and I'm just curious as to what its supposed to be.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which one? Guardian Alarm opened a branch in one of them (the one across from CP).

Superduperman

Post Number: 220
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The building diagonally across from the guardian office.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, nope, nothing big going on from what I can see.

Superduperman

Post Number: 221
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The small building with all the windows next to the parking garage,is it an apartment,hangout....what?

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 441
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the one that used to be blue?

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've noticed 3 buildings on Griswold that have had work done on them from time to time over the past few years.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3887
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The building in question (the corner of the parking structure) has been planned for the longest to a coffee shop called Motor ever since about a year after Cafe Detroit opened back in 2k3. I occasionally see work going on in there, and the reason why it has taken them so long to progress is becuase they are literally working on a shoestring budget...

But give these guys time..they are doing their thing...

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 682
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's been "working on it" for a long time...yes...but as far as I know he's still with his original plan of making it a 24-hour coffee shop. There were some legal problems when the garage was sold and the new owners wanted that space back. I see him in there from time to time working on it though...so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He probably can't wait for the bus depot to move out and for some development to take place in capitol park. I know I can't, even if I sound inconsiderate of the depot folk. Capitol park will be the spot.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.