Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit Schools Supt.: Coleman out? Calloway in? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 353
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Final vote of full Board next Thurs.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /frontpage

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1484
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just saw that on WXYZ. Her creds? She comes from a school district with a total of 5000 students. wow!

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well good luck to her! Her educational credentials are at least impressive.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2120
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Her educational credentials are at least impressive.

Although you have to ask yourself -- Why would she go from a Masters at Harvard to a PhD at Ohio U?

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2121
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Normandy is a District with 1 High School and 1 Middle School.

It is a city of 5,000 people.

But it is 68% African American -- so she should be qualified.

I am not saying she is not qualified, but I am very confused by this one...

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 941
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like Calloway is in, pending a final vote! UGH!!

Col_kat
Username: Col_kat

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened with Dr. Snead as a possible alternate? He ran Cass Tech very well while I was there.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2667
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could it be that the timing of this appointment was pushed up the calendar a bit so as deflect criticism from the previous scandal-of-the-week and its bad publicity?

After all, everybody in business knows that if some extra vice president or two gets fired, all of the bad things going on now will suddenly go away and be forgotten...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.