Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What's goin on over here « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 681
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry about the lack of pics, but I'll put some on later today, I promise! Anyway, there's work being done to the back of the State Fairgrounds, on the area bordering State Fair St. near John R. Crews are clearing concrete slabs, and it got me curious. Is this work for anything important, or are they just bored and want to make more room for holding the Dodge trucks that aren't being sold?

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3134
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are they clearing the area or dumping concrete there? I thought I saw trucks hauling concrete in there (possibly from the Lodge project) and there was a concrete crusher parked near the southeast corner.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 453
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aren't they putting a shopping center over there somewhere?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 593
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought that they were building homes around there and a mega church or something.

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 278
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mega-church is at 7 & Woodward, the shopping center is supposed to be built at 8 & Woodward.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 683
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are those pictures. I took these at 4:35pm today, and they were still working. Sorry they're so small.. they were extremely large, but I had to resize and here is the result.

(Message edited by Genesyxx on March 02, 2007)

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think they would put a shopping center on that side of the grounds. A Mega Church is a possibility. However, likely a Strip Mall or more parking.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are a couple from about a week ago:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com /166/408293138_9624f2c1ed_b.jp g
http://farm1.static.flickr.com /153/408293134_f2c3506657_b.jp g
The sad part of this project is a giant oak tree on 8 mi was cut down for this development

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.