Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Temple of Odd Fellows « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know what's going on with this building, I just got back from NY and noticed that they're doing alot of interior demolition. The Odd Fellows building is the one on Monroe that has the "Starbucks" ad on the side

Evelyn
Username: Evelyn

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they're not going to demo that it. While not that fancy, I always liked that building, and the words "odd fellows" wer just fun to see on the top of a building. Not sure when it was built, but I remember coming across pictures of it from the 1880s-90s at the Burton.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1321
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a dumpster out front today, when I walked by a noon. The steel doors were half down on both the left and right store fronts. On the right, an empty store front with steal support beams was exposed. In the left, the clothing store was still visible.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always wondered if that building's top stories were added on later, given the dates above the door that opens to the upper levels.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.