Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Recycle Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lukabottle
Username: Lukabottle

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recycle Detroit is looking for volunteers to help with the city collections and to motivate Detroit youth to be leaders in their environment through the service of recycling. We are currently looking for help with the weekly city collections on Wednesday and Saturday. Scheduling: Four Shifts Wednesday: 9:30-11:30 11:30-2:30 Saturday: 8:30-12:30 12:30-3:30 We asked that volunteers do full shifts, i.e. 8:30 -12:30. This helps us out making sure that the collection is fully staffed. Recycle Detroit is looking for adult advisors to help guide the youth who help with the collection. We are trying to emphasize leadership and character building with the youth to ensure that we are not just teaching about recycling, but an initiative for a clean, sustainable Detroit. Your help would be greatly appreciated, and would be a great investment to the organization. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions pertaining to Recycle Detroit or would like to sign up to volunteer.
Thank you,
Christina Peltier, ah9191@wayne.edu
Sarah Kubik, volunteer@recycledetroit.com

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 368
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are there any volunteer ops with Recycle Detroit that DON'T involve working with kids? I hate kids. But I do love recycling.

Lukabottle
Username: Lukabottle

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the weekends, there are typically several teenagers on the collection on Saturday but primarily adults at this point. We are in the process of organizing more youth to help on the weekends.
This weekend, I don't think there are any youth volunteers, only adults. Feel free to email me at ah9191@wayne.edu if you are interested. Most of the volunteers kidwise have been mature high school students her work with Building with Books.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.