Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Nortown Theater « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is another place where I used to go as a kid....every Saturday and Sunday matinee. Flash Gordon, Mighty Mouse, Felix The Cat....and Gold Chip Potato Chips. Couldn't get enough of them. I remember falling in love with Audie Murphy as Billy The Kid at the Nortown. I saw Giant, and East of Eden there. Of course "Baby Doll" was condemned by the Catholic Church so I couldn't go. I remember the Sunday paper at St. Louis The King with all of the movies rated. I saw "Baby Doll" after I was all grown up and I swear, it was one of the best movies that I have ever seen. I'm such a heathen. It's all good!!! After the theater I would walk home down 7 Mile. If it was Saturday I would stop at the old Wilder Branch Library and check out art books. I loved art. Then I would cross 7 Mile and stop in the Catholic store. That store is still there....but empty. But it is still there. I loved those one page saint books (a different saint with a picture on every page). My favorite saints were St. Thresa (the little flower) St. Barbara, and Joan of Arc. I used to wish that I was Joan of Arc. Of course, I didn't have money for the books because I spent it on Gold Chip Potato Chips. I could go on.

(Message edited by ladyinabag on March 07, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.