Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The Ellington « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Baliad
Username: Baliad

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone live in this building yet!??! while all the businesses are doing well, it doesn't seem like anyone's living in any of the lofts... what gives???

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 650
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If people aren't buying, its probably its location, maybe? It seems as though there are other projects for a similar price and quality of the unit. If that is the case, then one of the only variables left to consider would be location.

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 461
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they sold alot...when it was under construction there tons of sold signs in the windows, nearly every woodward facing unit was sold. Some may have moved in, some maybev are still being finished but I ve seen people walking in and out of the residents entrance, so it looks like people are in....what makes it seem like there's not?

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1087
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few months ago someone said move in there couldn't happen because there was some sort of problem with the ventilation. That still might be the culprit.

Wordonthestreet
Username: Wordonthestreet

Post Number: 143
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a friend that lives in the building. She moved in right before Christmas. She says there are about 3 - 5 people moving into the building every week. Soon you will see a lot more lights at night.

I've been to the building several times to see her. It seems like a great place to live.

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 812
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Ellington's website says that they are 70% sold.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A girl I work with lives there...she loves it.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 172
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Something like this would look good at the NW corner of Woodward / 75.

I'd think it would be a perfect anchor for that block.

BTW, if they built something like the Ellington with balcs like the Ellingtons, some lofts with an East view (looking toward CoPa would be neat) especially the top couple floors.

and I suppse ground floor retail would be great as well.

(Message edited by emu_steve on March 10, 2007)

(Message edited by emu_steve on March 10, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.