Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Woman found dead in trunk in suburbs « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 395
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I, for one, cannot wait to watch the developments in this case unfold. A dead body. In a trunk. At an oil change place. It's like something out of a Scorsese movie.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070312/UPDAT E/703120418/1003

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, the article says she was of Middle Eastern decent, reported missing in Detroit and found in the trunk of a pimped out Impala. Sorry to say but I don't think the news media nor most of Metro Detroit will care that a female of color was found dead. If she were a resident of a fourth ring suburb and found in a fully loaded SUV, then the media might pay attention.

B24liberator
Username: B24liberator

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget a croc-tear shedding husband hogging every camera in sight... Besides white skin, you need someone like "Mr. Fake Tears" for good TV!

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember the case of a little black kid who went missing in Oak Park maybe ten or 15 years back? I've forgotten his name, but for a few days the media turned the town upside down with "lost child" hype. Days later, when he started to turn, his body was discovered hidden in his own basement, the victim of his older step-brothers.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ch 7 had the woman-in-trunk as their lead story tonight. Grant was #2.
I am sure Ray1936 can tell us about all the bodies that turned up in trunks at the Metro Airport in the '60. It was almost every day they found another one.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yikes! I remembered another one. Sometime in the past five or ten years a young black woman ended dead in a field in Detroit. The story built over the days when it was discovered that the victim had been misidentified (forgot the name). The real victim was Stella Sproule, murdered by the first woman named dead in order fake her own death. For days Detroit-area viewers & readers were bombarded with stories about the murder of a nice young woman (sang in church choir, etc.) by a thug. I don't know if they wore armbands of mourning in the suburbs, but all were exposed to the coverage.

One other... Anthony Riggs, hero of a Patriot Missile battery in the first Gulf War, gunned down on the streets of Detroit. Anthony was national news and held up as an example of the danger facing our troops AT HOME. All mourned, and I recall a universal cheer when his conspiring widow was implicated his murder during a drug investigation.

Things are not as bad as some would like to believe.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.