Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Manuel J. Moroun Worth « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5226
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much Manuel "Troll Under The Bridge" Moroun (Matty), owner of CenTra, Inc., Detroit International Bridge Company, and the Michigan Central Station, is worth?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 682
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would guess more in actually power (holding an international bridge and what not), than he may actually be worth.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've heard he's a billionaire, thats just what I've heard though.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8519
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$422.87

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You would have to ask Kwame and his Mom, maybe Buzzzz Thomas too. They have their hands in his deep pockets to look the other way as he rapes the neighborhood around his bridge.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4136
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know one thing, he used to make his sister cut his lawn. No really, true story. I guess she lived with him or he paid her rent and he made this older woman cut his fucking lawn. he's gotta be a thousandaire.

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 271
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much is HE worth or how much are his assets worth :-)

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to the Free Press

quote:

Manuel J. “Matty” Moroun GPS
- unconfirmed net worth of over $600 million per Forbes
-owns the Ambassador Bridge, 5% of Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
-owns CenTra Inc. - fifth largest private trucking company in US
- owns portion of Citizens Bank, owns an insurance company and large parcels of land in southwest Detroit including Michigan Central Depot

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5227
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, sj.

Yes, Billy, his assets. lol

I wonder how much he'd sell the MCS for?

Eastside_charlie
Username: Eastside_charlie

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he'll be dead soon so who cares

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5229
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Besides being completely unsensitive and irrelevant, a lot of people care. He has a son, and his companies aren't just going to disappear.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 406
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't spell Moroun without M-O-R-O-N.

Davetroit
Username: Davetroit

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In terms of amount of property owned in Michigan, I'm told he comes second only to the City of Detroit. Lots of shell corporations, nobody knows exactly what he owns.

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 167
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to live at St. Anne and Bagley and Moroun's people were always coming around trying to buy people's property. I'm assuming so they could pretty much level it all and make more parking for semis coming off the Ambassador. It's so sad to see a thriving, vibrant Detroit neighborhood get bullied by a greedy old man.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.