Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit GIS Maps? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Psewick
Username: Psewick

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of years ago, the city of Detroit's website used to have a great GIS mapping tool, but it's gone. Is there another website I can use to look up maps of property parcels in the city as well as other information (e.g. owner's name)?

(You can still look up addresses on the city's website, but I'd really like maps showing the parcel boundaries.)

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 675
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe the Wayne Co Clerks office handles deeds, taxes etc. I would search for their web-site. Also, www.mapdetroit.com has a great GIS site but no parcel information.

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 173
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The city is working on a new web site that will likely have parcel information to be released soon. Also the site datadetroit.org will soon have parcel information. You can also go to the wayne county site. It is a pain in the ass to use, but they have parcel information up now.

Psewick
Username: Psewick

Post Number: 85
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ended up using the site for Wayne County, although it's not as nice as the old Detroit one. I can't wait for the city's new system to come out. Thanks for the replies! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.