Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » King's Animal Land? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Miketeevee
Username: Miketeevee

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember King's Animal Land in Macomb County? Maybe in Richmond? My dad used to take me there as a kid in the mid 70s and I'd love to see some photos. Or the place with buffalo burgers with real buffalo roaming in the back?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 778
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember King's Island in Ohio, but not King's Animal Land.

(Message edited by detroitnerd on March 16, 2007)

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 367
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

King's Animal Land was on Gratiot. I think it was between Richmond and New Haven. I remember going there in the '60s with a friend of mine and his Dad. His Dad was a vet and took care of the animals. The buffalo place was on Gratiot, north of Richmond and it was called Emil's

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1807
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember those places! We went to a Company picnic for my Dad's company at Kings in the late 60's. I remember great fun. I won a box of 1967 Corvette model cars. I think 12 models in all. I assembled a few and sold the rest around the neighborhood.

Miketeevee
Username: Miketeevee

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Wash_man. I swear those buffalo burgers were as big as my head! But my head was a lot smaller back then!

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bufflo Burgers are great believe that they are still around...I remember going to King's always a treat...my sister was warned not to stick her fingers in the horse pen and got it nipped one time....I also remember fishing and catching crayfish in the river that ran along side of Gratiot and had picnic area.

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 299
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emils was the buffalo joint. They are closed now but the restaurant across the road now serves fresh 100% buffalo burgers, i can't remember the name but it is a log cabin style restaurant.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.