Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » @Water Lofts Website « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Toog05
Username: Toog05

Post Number: 119
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems like their website has been updated since I last checked, check it out if you never been there in a while or at all.

http://www.atwaterlofts.com/si te.htm

Motownman
Username: Motownman

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has ground been broken yet?

Toog05
Username: Toog05

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know, last thing I heard from a previous freep or detnews article a few months ago was that they was going to break ground in the Spring.

Brandon48202
Username: Brandon48202

Post Number: 153
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, ground has not broken yet.

Username: 1805

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the updated design!

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very cool. I love these. I'm a little jealous.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2121
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This same developer is developing Bonnie Bridge Villa at Trumbull and Canfield and the Crystal (Ballroom) Lofts on Woodward. Just thought folks would like to know.

Milwaukee

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does Bonnie Bridge Villa look like? Is it a new project or is it a renovation?

Milwaukee

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never mind. I just looked them up on ModelD. They look very nice. I like townhouses a lot.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 189
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the older design better. You can see it on the website's page titled exterior photos. This new rendering looks too much like Royal Oak. Gross. ;)

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any updates on Glob Trading Co. proposed development? There's been a lot of hype surrounding the Big 3 projects (@water, Watermark, Uniroyal), but I think a Globe restoration would be most appropriate. Enormous potential.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 206
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tri-Cenntennial park resemble parks of other world class cities such as Grant in Chicago, Central Park in NY and the Trike in Atlanta.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5252
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I liked the conceptualized design, but this isn't too bad. A little generic, but it would have been worst. Both this and Watermark (Chene West) are still moving forward. I believe that each of these have received all of the necessary permits from the city, and are now in the process of coming up with a financing plan to get these off the paper and onto the ground.

BTW, I was looking at the city planning commission minutes from January, and it looks as if the 55 feet height limit on the riverfront has been lifted to the height limit along the southside of Jefferson (110 feet) so that developers have more freedom in design. Each of these too projects rise approximately 100 feet from what the minutes say.

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The conceptualized design sure was nice, but if I were expecting inevitable compromises, which I always do in Detroit, this fits nicely. It's clean and modern. I'm reminded of Boll YMCA, actually. And I kind of like its inconspicuousness.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 618
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was down there today after watching 300 @ the Ren Cen (sweet movie). Anyways, with the exception of more progress at one of the rest stops along the Riverwalk, nothing has happened down there yet. My guess is wait until late April/early March.

Boynamedsue
Username: Boynamedsue

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone check out the link for the TRicentenial State park?
http://www.michigandnr.com/Pub lications/PDFS/RecreationCampi ng/TSPH2.html
I didn't realize that the plan was to continue to expand this park... The plans look great. The website is pretty cool. I wasted a lot of time looking at it. I probably should get back to work....

Lvnthed
Username: Lvnthed

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a great post!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.