Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Anyone know when Mezzanine is opening? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8572
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone?

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please, elaborate on this Mezzanine you speak of.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.Mezzanine is a high end home good store,was in downtown ann arbor, now moving to downtown off grandriver near broadway.a few small shops surround this area on the edge of harmony park,walked pass and saw advertisment signs in the windows. photos of some sleek high end looking chairs an household items,cant wai till it opens.

Everydayislikesunday
Username: Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 314
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mezzanine is fabulous! I just saw the owner the other day, and didnt even think of asking him. Initially, it was supposed to be early March, but I havent heard anything more recent....

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 809
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 2:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard it will be soon.

As every business owner knows, sometimes the build out takes a little longer... I think End of March sounds about right, but don't hold me to it....

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1131
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

will Mezzanine have a Mezzanine?

Hudson's had one

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.mezzanine-online.co m/catalog.mv

Jt1

Post Number: 8573
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duo - I certainly wasn't criticizing or complaining. I saw the signs in the window last week while out for a walk. I figured this thread could be a feww plug for the owner without him having to mention it himself.

I respect the risk he is taking (I know I don't have the balls to do it) and thought this would be a good way for him to pass on info if he pleases.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

with the help of the downtown community, we can have this place doing very well. I'd be glad to advertise their products in my building lobby.@ TRolley plaza.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4244
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel like channeling Royce this morning...

I don't like the Mezzanine second floor retail concept. If it were up to me this story should be on a fourth floor. It should be part of a vertical "home ownership" mall. On the ground floor there should be real estate agency, on the second floor a mortgage lender, on the third floor home repair services, finally on the fourth floor a furniture store. That makes much more sense. I don't know why this business people don't ask me for advice for often before spending their money.

Also there should be a statue of Lewis Cass somewhere at the vertical mall.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 687
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What? I am really not understanding your rationale Jelk. Sounds like an interesting layout, but what makes that such a good idea?

Jelk

Post Number: 4247
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

market research

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1615
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jelk has a rather dry sense of humor sometimes.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlottepaul let's just say Royce has produced some "interesting" development ideas

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1968
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The opening date for Mezzanine is fluid, but I'm hoping for the end of March. That might be pushing it a tiny bit. We ran into a lot of delays in restoring the space, which was all 70's drop-ceiling and old industrial carpeting when we moved in. Plaster repair takes a lot of time, as it turns out. Who knew?

Thanks a ton for your interest. As many of you know, this has been in the works for over two years, and I'm really pleased it's finally close to reality.

I'll let you know when we're ready to go! And Jelk those are some fantastic ideas, thanks for your input!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8595
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mezzanine Realty, Mortgage, and Home Repair?!

I dunno Dial, I'd stick to the furniture and furnishings, they will be so much more profitable in the short run...wait for the shakeout on those other markets.

Home Repair could be a good, profitable subsidiary, though...remodeling is your middle name, now, isn't it?!

Listen to your icon...Jelk would never possibly lead you astray.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 461
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dial, are you an employee? Owner? Landlord?

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OH this is exciting to hear, the neighborhood reminds me a bit of the village in NYC.in its craddle of course.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 810
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dialh4Hipster is the TOP shit.

See that Dial... I made a joke! :-P

(Message edited by detroitduo on March 20, 2007)

Gannon

Post Number: 8613
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone has their preferences.

Scat-a-tat-tat. (apologies to Jimmy Durante, after someone brought him up on another thread)

I was going to post last night that he was intimate with the owner...in the mirror.

Thought the better of it.

Heh.

Didn't want to 'out' him, but he's always been clear that this is his baby...was still waiting for him to admit it, so Dial...I'll delete this is you'd rather it not be part of the public record.

Jelk

Post Number: 4250
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

H,

I've got plenty more where those came from. Maybe furniture that looks like monster trucks and men's furs. You must sell men's furs.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always thought that "mezzanine" sounds like a drug. You know... dexedrine, benzedrine, thorazine, mezzanine...

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1969
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My official title in the business is "spokesmodel."

Hey Gannon I think for anyone who's been on here a while I'm already connected with Mezzanine, so don't worry about the public record.

And Jelk, I've been thinking about the Mezzanine superstore concept and I think it'd be perfect for the Delrayo Rancho development!

Jelk

Post Number: 4252
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget the Billy Beane's Gay Bar in Corktown.

Jt1

Post Number: 8584
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would call it T. Hardaway's gay bar just to piss off Tim Hardaway

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1970
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Billy Beane Gay Bar! Great name! Great concept!

That little attention whore Hardaway doesn't need anymore recognition than he's already received, Jt. I think obscurity will piss him off more.

Gannon

Post Number: 8634
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not Hardaway's Hard-On?!

I can see the ad campaign now...get your Hard-ON at Hardaways...

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1971
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*sigh*

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 464
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't wait to stop in, DialH.
What's the price range like? Uber-pricey? I'm buying a house and will need some furnishings. :-)

Jelk

Post Number: 4253
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See I think DialH wants a classy place with more windows and fewer showers than how he describes the average Detroit gay bar which means the Hardaway concept is right out.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 813
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! I think I am in love with DialH...

Can someone pinch me?

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 465
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone fill me in on how we got to gay jokes in this thread? I don't get it. And gay-bashing so passe.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 814
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

who's bashing? did I miss something?

Gannon

Post Number: 8636
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Leanne Rhymes - the store is relatively high end, but there is a range of price points. It's not Ikea, and it's not Bright Ideas, and we sell authentic design, not knockoffs.

Within that scope there are a lot of great things that don't cost a fortune. More importantly, everything we sell is the best in modern design and the best quality! That's really the foundation of the store.

For a little more info, a local design blog did a little interview about the store recently:

Design Hole blog

Gannon

Post Number: 8637
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too friendly a crowd for bashing, unless it is specifically requested.

Masochistic behavior isn't encouraged, but also NOT discouraged.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 815
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Design Hole.... Is that a typ-o DialH? It made me laugh out loud and now my husband wants to read the thread. *sigh* It's getting late and almost time for bed....

Jelk

Post Number: 4254
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gay bashing is passe? Not according to Supersport. He loves it...

quote:

I have no problem with gay people. I say live and let live. However, that doesn't mean that I have to feel that a gay lifestyle is right, just because I am accepting of it. Nor does it mean I would have to feel comfortable having a gay teammate in the locker room with me. It seems a growing number in society today feel that we not only have to be accepting of one another, but we have to give differences some sort of blessing, or else we should just keep quiet and not express our opinions.

I personally congratulate Mr Hardaway for having the balls to say what he felt, not giving the politically correct bullshit that everybody expects. If he hadn't said it, his opinion would have never been quoted in the papers. The media would have moved on to the next athlete who would have said it. Call him a bigot or whatever else you want, but at least he isn't living in fear of expresses his opinions in public. Let's look at it this way, let's say this gay former NBA player was still in the league, as was Hardaway, who do you think would suffer more from making their recent statements? Whether or not people would admit to it, the majority would be silently bobbing their head in agreement Mr Hardaway, and Mr Amechi would find himself with little support outside the gay community.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5843/93927.html?11723504 50

This is Michissippi. Gay bashing ain't passe although using a word like passe makes you suspect. GITRDUN!

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1973
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Design Hole is in fact the name of the blog. Mezzanine has no connection to it, we were just contacted by the author. Who is lovely, actually!

Detroitduo

Post Number: 816
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jesus! Now I just lost 3 minutes of my life reading that bullshit! Thank's Jelk. Now I will have to be more efficient later tonight to feel better about it. *sigh*

The interview was very nice and it made me a bit excited about the shop! I can't wait!

(Message edited by detroitduo on March 20, 2007)

Jelk

Post Number: 4255
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is important especially when in the grasp of the rosy colored glasses Detroit RISES hoopla to remember we are in an incredibly ignorant backwater of a state and region where opinions like Sporto's are the norm and not the exception.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Thanks Jelk. I had actually read 5 posts of yours in a row where you did not bash on Supersport.

Thanks for bringing it all back in line.

And, in actuality, I honestly believe that Sports rant, as poorly framed as it may have been, tried to bring out the point that:

(a) we have freedom of speech
(b) we do not have to like or agree with the message
(c) that he did not personally like or agree with the message
(d)that a society that kills free speech, no matter how disgusting and wrong that speech may be, in the name of diversity is guilty of the same thing as the society that kills speech in the name of homogeneity
(e) Just as the ACLU would fight for the nazis in skokie, sport will fight for the homophobes in the NBA.

In all honesty, his position is rather justifiable.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1974
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If rather unreadable.

Speaking of design holes, thanks for dragging that crap into a Mezzanine thread.

Gannon

Post Number: 8642
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need to fax you a pint, Da.

Seems not much difference between his intolerance of the gay lifestyle and Jelks's same of his.

Here's to experiencing, learning, and growing...and NOT holding grudges that actually serve to hold EVERYONE back from those merely human treats and traits.

Something about forgiving so that we may be forgiven...some dude said that a few thousand years ago. Unforgiveness makes the bearer terribly unhealthy...and hinders the target, too, karmically.

Jelk

Post Number: 4256
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bullshit Dabirch. Sport clearly shares Hardaway's sentiment and probably his inner-demons. And yes I hate stupid people like Farrakhan hates the Jews. Fuck you if you have a problem with that.

(Message edited by Jelk on March 20, 2007)

Gannon

Post Number: 8647
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you are SO busy pointing out other's inner demons, you will hardly recognize your own.

Could be ONE is pointing out other's faults.

Any way we could convince you to leave the guy alone?!

Jelk

Post Number: 4258
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so anyway back to furniture...

Gannon

Post Number: 8648
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK.

Gannon

Post Number: 8649
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sitting in one of my client's 'lofts' in Royal Joke right now, appreciating the stuff his designer is doing...and am inspired.

I'm going to dump the perpetual-college bachelor second-floor decorations one piece at a time, with Dial's help.

Can't wait.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2146
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Bullshit Dabirch. Sport clearly shares Hardaway's sentiment and probably his inner-demons. And yes I hate stupid people like Farrakhan hates the Jews. Fuck you if you have a problem with that.

Man, that was even easier than I thought.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 698
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fury13, when you hear the word Mezzanine you probably think that it sounds like a drug because there is one with a very similar name called, mescalene. That's actually the closet sounding one that I could think of.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2147
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That's actually the closet sounding one that I could think of.

Talking about the "closet" and ending your sentence with a preposition are two things that should never happen in this thread.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, you can tell there is a website down somewhere out there in cyberspace. I'm just waiting for the "fuuuuuuuck you!"

Now really people, Mezzanine is about joy and love and commerce and a sophisticated modern aesthetic. If you behave like this in the store you will be promptly removed, rest assured. That landlady is one tough number, she'll take care of you.

Gannon

Post Number: 8661
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be a l-o-n-g drop from the second floor too.

Watch that first step...

Gannon

Post Number: 8662
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never thought of ol' Jean as enforcer...

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When this place opens,it will be downtown detroit's unofficial gay meeting place..A few of the new super sleek bars have a quiet gayish quallity,,the lofts above Mezzanine and the soon to open lofts on broadway will benefit,as well as "Specticles"(urban gear)an cool mixed cds of local artist.The city just announced creating an active business district there called paradise valley. wat a cool blend of merchants in the area if all goes as planned..jazz an blues clubs restaurants,a new Hilton Garden hotel new YMCA,AND the people mover station right there.

Gannon

Post Number: 8666
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey! I will settle for NO discrimination against the straights...heck, even Cafe named her place Cafe of the Straights.

Harumph. growl. hiss.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2149
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The city just announced creating an active business district there called paradise valley. wat a cool blend of merchants in the area if all goes as planned.

Yeah, those proponents of paradise valley have such a great history of working well with, and supporting, the gay community.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys, I heard there was a party happening in here... who brought the mescaline? I'll bring the beer.

Gannon

Post Number: 8668
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll take a Guinness, if you've got it.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Susanarosa's here.

It's party time.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rock and Roll

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy shit, another jack and diet for me!

Gannon

Post Number: 8672
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are we ALL merely game for you, Super?

Plus, Jack is an old nickname...you'd think if we were targets you'd call us all Mark, or Matt if you're going to walk all over us.

From memory, don't think you need a diet, though, you're skinny enough.

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I love furniture! I'm moving into a new house fall semester, and my roommates and I will need to furnish the whole place. Do you carry higher end stuff like La-z-boy? They're a Michigan company, and you should carry their lines. And be sure to sell Faygo as well.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 293
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget the Better Made Chips (a fresh, nicely seasoned bag of barbecue sounds delicious right about now).

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about Steelcase? I want to redo my house so it looks like my office!

Maybe some Hospital beds from Stryker would be nice too.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You will find it interesting that Steelcase has introduced a compelling new line of home office furniture. You may, in fact, see it in the store.

But let's not get carried away. Detroit has enough souvenir stores. What is needs is *actual* sustainable retail.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2157
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

From memory, don't think you need a diet, though, you're skinny enough.

I guess it is true - the memory is the first thing to go...

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1418
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I guess it is true - the memory is the first thing to go...

Well, for Detroit standards, Dialh is skinny

Dabirch

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And you are hot vs. merely very attractive.

Remember, we already had this conversation...

Detroitduo

Post Number: 818
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote from Gannon: "Plus, Jack is an old nickname..."

That's not the "Jack" he was talking about!

Dabirch

Post Number: 2159
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Well, for Detroit standards, Dialh is skinny

And for the record, that was directed at supergay, not DialH.

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 214
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DialH,
We haven't talked for a while but it's good to see that you're well on your way to re-opening in Detroit.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

And for the record, that was directed at supergay, not DialH.

Oh, well if we're talking about supergay then that guy is totally fat...

Supergay

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You ain't no thin mint yourself, sunshine!

*snap*

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops, did I say fat?

I really meant phat... like cool, rad, hip...

Supergay

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And I was only referring to your cans ...

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

S.R. & S.G. - what happened over at HotFD? I went to check out some pictures and the site done gone. Any idea if those will resurface?

Supergay

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

S.R. & S.G. - what happened over at HotFD?

Only it's hairdresser knows for sure!

Jelk

Post Number: 4261
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HotFD witnessed a mafia and is currently in the Witness Protection Program. Word has it HotFD saw members of the Tocco family replace Lewis Cass' name on the statue in Cass Park but that is so far unconfirmed.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 73
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Bummer. I wanted to go back and look at some of the "wreckage" pictures. The site had a theme where someone would follow a Detroit street for a distance and shot the scenery. One thread featured McGraw which ran through the old family neighborhood.

Supergay

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well hopefully everything will eventually be back in action!

Praise Allah!

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is HOTFD? Do they sell Faygo?

Gannon

Post Number: 8694
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was referring to who I thought was Supergay...although I don't think Dial is too heavy...you guys are HARSH. Perhaps my visual memory is tainted (heh), but if you were a regular at Cafe de Troit, we at least crossed paths.

Don't take any shit from these guys, Susanarosa, they're just jealous. Where's that Guinness?!

Oh wait, it's not noon yet.

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3675
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

^Bummer. I wanted to go back and look at some of the "wreckage" pictures. The site had a theme where someone would follow a Detroit street for a distance and shot the scenery. One thread featured McGraw which ran through the old family neighborhood.

That shit was as boring and banal as the crap posted here.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who on this post live in walkkin distance of this store like myself? lets get this post on track,i don't get wat da hell happn

Supergay

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That shit was as boring and banal as the crap posted here.

Except for the gay bar blight tour. That was fascinating.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 190
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does this anything to do with the Mezzanine Uber-Ultra-Lounge that I heard was opening up downtown?

Gannon

Post Number: 8701
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whenever Dabirch and Susanarosa get in the same space all hell breaks loose...but it is usually Supergay's fault.

I am within walking distance of Mezzanine, but I jog marathons...so I haven't found my comfortable walking limit yet.

Farrer
Username: Farrer

Post Number: 600
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Detroitrulez....zis is ze zread about ze mezcaline, or razzer, ze mezzanine, zough I am not quite zure which abandoned building'z mezzanine of which zey are referring. I believe zey are planning to zell ze modernz furniturez zere.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 191
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

zanks

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 130
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mezzanine is basically across from the new YMCA on broadway, above RAGS clothing store (high end urban gear). Guys, this is great developement people. Retail that does not exist currently.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.