Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Bishop Gallagher Alumni?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone out there from Bishop Gallagher? Class of 74 here

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pgn421: You were out of touch so long that the Bishop Gallagher Alumni thread dropped off the active list...Here's the link to see what transpired in your absence: https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/91697/95128.html

Don't forget to check out the still active St. Clare Alumni thread.

Pgn421

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kathleen, Im still in Fla.I thought i started a thread about BG!Old age must be creeping in.It only stays so long on DY? Pat

Kathleen

Post Number: 2108
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Correct, Pat. If a thread doesn't get a new posting to keep it alive, it falls off the active page and can only be retrieved through a search. And it may fall off more quickly if a lot of new topics are started. Some of us check the bottom of the list to see if anything worth keeping alive needs a "bump" to push it back to the top of the list. This one fell through the cracks!!

So now we've got some new life with this BG Alumni thread if anyone has anything to add.

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 141
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Class of 82 here.

Pgn421

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Kathleen

Gtat44
Username: Gtat44

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Pgn,

Did you happen to know a Dave Boyer, class of 80'.
Also worked at the old Kroger's on Mack and 7.

Pgn421

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gtatt44- no, i graduated in 74, didnt know him.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2127
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cafewall

Kathleen

Post Number: 2159
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember Jim Lentini (BGHS '76)?? I remember him as a long-distance runner who played guitar in a rock band (whose name escapes me). Nowadays he's the Dean of the School of Art , Media, and Music at The College of New Jersey!! He's had an impressive career in the field of music composition and music education!!

For more: http://www.tcnj.edu/~arts/dean /index.html

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 156
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody know of a 20-year reunion for the Class of '87?

Please pass along any details.
Thanks.

Chalu64

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you check Classmates.com? Unfortunately, closing BG means losing an Alumni director and access to all the schools records. Our reunion should be this year, but I'm sure nobody will step forward to plan one.
Kathleen, I heard that the above Cafe Mural was mothballed in sections. At the archdiocese?

Imhere
Username: Imhere

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harpernottingham: No news on a reunion, but I am also class of '87.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2165
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still in touch with the Alumni director. She just got this info on the Class of '87 Reunion:

October 20th at Andiamo Lakefront Bistro in SCS from 7:00 to 12:30. The contact person is Mary Beth Weilemann.

She didn't provide a phone number, but that should get you started.

Still working on the status of the mural.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2169
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen Carlson, the former BG Alumni Office director, is interested in hearing from BG alumni!

She continues to maintain alumni records and class reunion info, so please feel free to email her so that she can pass along your info to your class reunion organizers.

Send emails to: rcckac@comcast.net

She also told me that "yearbook" mural that hung in the cafeteria is in sections on the stage. She's not sure of its future; it could be thrown away when the new building owners take possession later this year.

Chalu64

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somebody needs to get in there and grab the panels.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who are the new owners? What are the plans for the building?

Class of '82

Chalu64

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crew, I had heard that a charter school bought everything, including the building. All of the books in the library from when we were there are untouched and on the shelves. It seems like the school has been mothballed "as is".

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if my old locker combination still works :-)

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 167
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, ImHere, check out Classmates.com.
There's info on there about a BG 20-year reunion.

I only went to BG my freshman year, but I'd like to renew some old acquaintances and take a trip down Memory Lane. Sounds like it won't be a problem.

Chances are we won't remember each other, but then again, maybe so.

Drop me a line if you like at dmesrey@hotmail.com.

Imhere

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harpernottingham: Thanks for the Heads up on Classmates.com. I went and checked it out.

I also looked up your pic in my Freshman Yearbook, sorry don't really remember you.

I was the typical outsider in school. I didn't really hang out with anybody from School.

Not sure if I plan on going to the reunion or not. I did go to the 5 year reunion. That seems like a lifetime ago.

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 171
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh ... the yearbook!

There was a small problem with that photo.
I haven't seen it since 1983, and I hope I don't ever see it again. : )

Months later on picture retake day, they wouldn't let me retake it cuz I wouldn't buy a package. I only wanted to retake it for my ID. Didn't have the money for a package, and I got stuck with that as my BG legacy.

Sweet, huh?

Imhere

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't feel too bad about the Year book Pic. I didn't buy the Sophomore or Junior editions for the same reason.

I only have my Freshman and Senior books as those pics were OK.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.