Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » PUBLIC HEARING IN CORKTOWN! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 137
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone who wants to put there two cents in for what ever reason on the stadium issue should come to this.

Tiger Stadium Ideas?

Scott Ryan Reporting

Detroit -- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation is looking for your good ideas--about what to do with Tiger Stadium. A public hearing is set for Wednesday at 6 p.m. at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, near the old ballpark. The City of Detroit, meantime, has postponed next month's planned "last goodbye walk-through" of Tiger Stadium. That's now set for late May or June, when seats and other memorabilia will go on the auction block.

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many times has this already happened? It seems like this whole project will just keep getting pushed back.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course it will but I feel this is the first time the issue has really been open to the public to speak on it. As a corktown resident I feel the need to have some say as to what will happen in my neighborhood. The current plan definitely does not reflect my view.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.