Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Superduperman's Salary « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$125k after taxes. He's pulling down $200k!

We should rob him.

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3694
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why don't I believe that someone who posts like he does can actually pull in that kind of coin?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8631
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bog tone makes that kind of money as well.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2178
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not really. You see, Big Tone doesn't pay taxes. So he is really pulling in a lot more..

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3696
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I just Blorted out laughing.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As much as that seems, it's still alot less than what Carmen Harlan is taking home. I think she's making around 2 Million a year.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2179
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that. I read an article in the 80's that said some people in media make between 30k and 2mm.

I bet she is one of them.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If she was making 2-mil in the 80's I wonder what she would have made in 1940's dollars?

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 238
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rob me? you're more than welcome to try.....its just money,not rocks from the moon. Me asking how much money a Detroit celebrity makes when it was printed in the newspaper for all to read really has no bearing as to how much money I actually make. My bills alone are about $100k+ a year(3 leased cars+ insurance $4500 per month,1 leased loft=$2100 per month above small plates,1 leased office $1300per above Vicente's courtesy fo Tom at MindField Pictures plus a slew of other bills. Skulker if you'd like you can come down to my office (M/tech Design Studio 1250 Library St Suite 2 Detroit,MI 48226) to see what I do to earn my money,which I work hard for everyday 7 days a week 18 hours a day. You will know I'm there if you see the cream 07 Escalade or a 07 black Range Rover with matching rims sitting out front,and just so you wont be surprised I'm a black guy.....:-)

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my oh my superduperconsumerman, if you got it flaunt it. See that you do just that. go to the front of the line

Superduperman

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol.....oh yeah,I don't drink or smoke at all but I have one vice,I like shopping......alot.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superduperman-

Can you find it in your heart to share some of that money with me, a person who has been honest all of her life and has been treated most despicably? I have shared most of what I have made with the poor. I will give you my e-mail address and you can just contact me and I will give you an address where to send this money. You will be most appreciated.

Thanx

Superduperman

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're breaking my heart Ladyinabag.....

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone on the internet is Rich, attractive and extremely intelliGent. I'm just glad to be a part of it :-)

Jt1

Post Number: 8632
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

125k per with 100+ in bills. I would suggest checking into some better investments than rent and leases.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4172
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you really need that fancy loft or that smooth ride? Living beyond your means is obviously the most American thing to do.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 316
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SuperDuperman has suceeded and completed the big hurdles in life and in what his interests are, which is why he's relatively wealthy or as some would say, a Middle Class citizen.

Either that or he has a backside plot going on.

(Message edited by Urbanize on March 22, 2007)

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Superduperman is actually Atanas!

You can only drive one car at a time, what do you need the Escalade AND the Range Rover for? Making that kind of coin you should drop one and invest some of that dough in a 401k. If you're dropping $100k in paying bills you cant put away 25 percent of your income for retirement.

Superduperman

Post Number: 241
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its not about me needing anything,these are things that I want,which is the reason I work everyday. As far as me living beyond my means,I'm not so foolish with money to where I'm barely making ends meet,I'm smart of enough to live comfortably. Alot of people want houses with 2.5 kids and all that,I don't,its all about personal preferences. Other people's plan's,ideas and opinions do not work for everybody,401k's arent for me. Its money,spend it....

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1987
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Superduper, I read this

quote:

lol.....oh yeah,I don't drink or smoke at all but I have one vice,I like shopping......alot.

And I thought "this guy need to come by Mezzanine when it opens."

You've seen the signs, it's on your way to and from work. We'll be open in 1-2 weeks, stop by!

Dabirch

Post Number: 2181
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love it DH.

Superduperman

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm there.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 488
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that. I read an article in the 80's that said some people in media make between 30k and 2mm.

I bet she is one of them.

That's a pretty big gulf. I'm in the media and make closer to the far lower end of the scale. Like teaching, you don't get into journalism for the money.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If you're dropping $100k in paying bills you cant put away 25 percent of your income for retirement."

Wow Detroitplanner, I wish I had YOUR 401K...isn't the rule of thumb just 10%?

Jt1

Post Number: 8636
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not all investments are 401Ks. you may out work 401ks oto the pont of corporate match.

If you have the type of income where you take home 10K a month 12K is extremely easy. The amount you can invest gets bigger the more you make. Some bills don't change as you make more.

Ladyinabag

Post Number: 143
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superduperman-

See? Just as I suspected. People have money because they don't spend it. You should be ashamed and send me some money (LOL). I never have been much of a H-U-S-T-L-E-R-Hustler (Iced T).

(Message edited by ladyinabag on March 23, 2007)

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 340
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My name is Superduperman and I'm a super-duper star
Every other week I get a brand new car
Got twenty, that's plenty yet I still want more

I got the riches--to fulfill my needs.....

I got it made

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 852
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Can you find it in your heart to share some of that money with me, a person who has been honest all of her life and has been treated most despicably? I have shared most of what I have made with the poor. I will give you my e-mail address and you can just contact me and I will give you an address where to send this money. You will be most appreciated. "

Sounds like that Janis Joplin song "Oh Lord...my friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends"

Superduperman

Post Number: 244
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol.....I wish....I do have Lamborghini dreams though,there was one over at the DAC today parked in the front,I almost flipped my truck looking at it,one day perhaps.....maybe even this summer if I'm lucky.

Neuroticapril
Username: Neuroticapril

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i am new to detroit yes. who is superduperman? and why do i care about his salary?

Dabirch

Post Number: 2182
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who is superduperman? WHO IS SUPERDUPERMAN?

Only the blingingest, shoppingest, 5 car driven, $125k rakin' in mofo we got up in here.

Corktownmark
Username: Corktownmark

Post Number: 285
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome to the forum Neuroticapril. Hope your interest in Detroit is broader and deeper then this particular thread. Actually this one is started in referenece to another thread about a channel 4 WDIV anchor and her pay.

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope I can make 125K in my first five years of work when I get out of school. LOL.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ten percent is not enough to retire on. You need $230,000 in the bank for every thousand you need per month. I.E. if you determine you need $5,000 a month, you should have $1.15 million in retirement savings. This is assuming a six percent return and some left over for inflation. I'm not banking on SSI to be there when I retire. No one should be.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 234
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, I don't even make a quarter what SDM makes.

But then, I probably don't do one quarter of the work he does (whatever that is.)

Ladyinabag

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian-

It's all good (LOL). I wish that I were blessed like some people are. But as my mother used to say, "wish in one hand and sh-- in the other and see which one fills up first". She was quite the seer, my mother.

Neuroticapril
Username: Neuroticapril

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi corktownmark...yes of course my interest is greater than this thread. i didn't really read that carefully so for a split second I thought it was like a codename for kwame or something. obviously he makes a little more than SDman.

i just moved back from a 5 year stay in chicago. living in a thriving, cultural city like that really made me wish that I was experiencing all of those wonderful things in my own hometown. (plus I couldn't buy a parking spot for the entire price of my home here)

So my interest here is to keep up on all of the development and planning that is going on in detroit. i am particularly interested in preservation, public transportation and good restaurants!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.