Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Free! Shrinking Cities « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Themax
Username: Themax

Post Number: 616
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.cranbrookart.edu/mu seum/shrinkingcities_prog.html

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 334
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's also at MOCAD. and also free there.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 136
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don’t they (the artist) are going to come up with an answer to this depopulation trouble. But I am eager to see their work. But is depopulation really a problem any way? I like all the elbow room Detroit has to offer. We could be the first major city to return to farming. This would be useful to grow corn for us humans to eat, now that we will compete for it with our cars.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My understanding is that it is a two-part exhibit and that one part is at MOCAD and the other part at Cranbrook.

Missnmich
Username: Missnmich

Post Number: 584
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But is depopulation really a problem any way?

Bulletmagnet, I believe that question is at the heart of this exhibit.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

De population (outpricing undesirables)let those massive housing projects that were designed to be close to bus lines downtown and far away from stable communities(almost done) empty out till they rot,close all the salvation army housing facilities in the cass cooridor(done)thats a loss of over 1000 people.those areas had to completly die,till there was no longer a threat, replacing them with condo an loft dwellers.this had to happen.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2126
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For more discussion on this topic, see previous thread...
https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/92140.html?1174393414

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.