Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Good example for Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.publicbroadcasting. net/wuwm/news.newsmain?action= article&ARTICLE_ID=1058096

Listen to the story, its only about 6 minutes. Very interesting, maybe something Detroit should look at.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 780
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's for posting that...

that's really what we're already doing though...redeveloping the riverfront, converting old vacant buildings into lofts...also some new builds...

we're just in the early stages is all...

P.S. It would also help if people would stop vandalizing the existing structures, but that's not so much something that can change as it's too ingrained into the hoodlum culture that plagues much of the city...

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8654
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

P.S. It would also help if people would stop vandalizing the existing structures, but that's not so much something that can change as it's too ingrained into the hoodlum culture that plagues much of the city...

Hoodlum culture that plagues much of SE Michigan. I can assure you that much of the tagging in downtown and midtown is not Detroiters.

In the mini Paint cans and politics most of the little fucks tagging builders were from the suburbs. Ask Real Detroit staffers that know the eggs, money, etc crowd. They don't live in the city.

Detroiters do a lot of harm to the city but Detroiters aren't the only ones harming the city. I still can't wait until I come across one of those pieces of garbage tagging a building.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 948
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear you Jt1. I've lived in the city for years & I can't believe that I've never seen a tagger in the act. Well, other than that sucker on that building across from the Whitney on Woodward. He has been working on that tag for months....I see him every night I drive home from work. I yell at him, but he's so focused he doesn't even flinch.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1633
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jfried, that's what digital cameras are for. :-) Keep a cheap one in your glovebox and take his picture the next time you see him, then post it here. (assuming this isn't some special wall designated for graffiti art)

Billpdx
Username: Billpdx

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good one, Jfried.

While we are on the subject, I'm sad this is gone:

Boshna
Username: Boshna

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jfried, is that the MOCAD?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2140
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 7:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, that is the United Artists Theatre building before they cleaned the windows for the Super Bowl!

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1635
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen -- Jfried's referring to a different building on Woodward. If it's the MOCAD, then it's legit, and nevermind my comment about the digital camera.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.