Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » I guess crime happens everywhere » Air conditioner thieves hit Oakland « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 264
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scrappers have move on from commercial AC to residential.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070327/NEWS03/ 70327032

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 336
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one more reason not to have air conditioning.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 428
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/98083.html?1175036356

Flybydon
Username: Flybydon

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of a sudden your cellular phone goes dead.
“This darn company is dropping my calls again.”

This time it may not be the carriers fault.

Copper thieves are stripping the tower sites clean day after day.
These companies are trying to keep up with the scrappers but to no avail.
Whenever they replace the stolen goods a week or so later that site is down again.
Tall fences, razor wire, alarms, bright outdoor lights and bullet proof pad-locks can’t keep these villains out. Thieves will strip a whole block. On Baltimore and Milwaukee Streets, they hit cell towers, churches, schools, buildings and anything abandoned or empty. Police are so undermanned they can’t keep up with these perpetrators.
A friend of a friend left for Florida to bury her father. By the time she arrived the copper within her home was gone, they left damage totaling over ten thousand dollars.

Comments?

(Message edited by Flybydon on March 27, 2007)

B24liberator
Username: B24liberator

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This reminds me about a news story several years back about how modern, and rather state-of-the-art the Congo ( I think) Republic's cell phone system was-- They had no choice, because scrappers had stolen hundreds and hundreds of miles of the old copper land lines-- I remember one photograph showing telephone poles stretching into the distance, devoid of any wires whatsoever...

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 510
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this a joke or something? People's AC's getting taken. Come on, I have never heard of that happening. Do people leave their front porch furniture out in the summer? Or does that get taken to?

(Message edited by miketoronto on March 27, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.