Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » An Open Idea « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Seanharper
Username: Seanharper

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings all,

I am fairly new to this board, posting wise, but have enjoyed lurking here for many years, on and off. I recently read a comment in a thread here on the Houdini thread that said "you guys are better than Wikipedia", and that spurred an idea: Some of the more affable forum dwellers should start a wiki on the on the history of Detroit. With all of the knowledge found on this board, to be able to retain that in a more easily readable format than bulletin board/forum postings would be spectacular. Perhaps Mr. Boileau could even bake it into the site here and make it available for forumers only. I would love to take on a project like this, but I have 3 year old triplets instead. :-)

I am open to any ideas, or for anyone to steal my idea (if it hasn't been mentioned in the past already...I don't want to take credit if 15 other people already had my idea). I would rather see it accomplished by someone who has the time and energy to devote to it, rather than another project wasting away on my overflowing shelf.

Thanks,
Sean Harper

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 563
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On a related note, some of you more knowledgeable members should go clean up the Detroit entries on Wikipedia.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like where they have a photo of Rev. Ed Rowe where David Bonior ought to be?

Stecks77
Username: Stecks77

Post Number: 311
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seanharper: Could this be helpful?

http://www.lifehacker.com/soft ware/wikipedia/geek-to-live-se t-up-your-personal-wikipedia-1 63707.php

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 830
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/10041/94783.html?1175178 789

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.