Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » For all you car buffs (particularly Monte Carlos) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg_creative
Username: Sg_creative

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a Monte Carlo Car Club based right out of Detroit called Monte Millennium Generations. Along with member pictures and descriptions of their cars, there is a ton of information about the history of the car, old advertisements and even an ongoing list of Monte's that have appeared in movies.

Enjoy!

http://www.montemill.com

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I correct in that this is the last model year for the Monte Carlo?

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will probably offend somebody with this, but the Monte Carlo (the current and previous generations) have got to be some of the ugliest freakin cars on the road. That they drive just like a 2 door Impala land yacht doesn't help either.

Different strokes for different folks. The old ones I liked though! :-)

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1508
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A rusted-out '77 Monte is the ultimate hooptie!

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jerome These are definetly love/hate cars. I agree with fury however. 75?-81? were awesome looking cars. They were bold and looked like nothing else on the road at the time. 82-88 were decent but nothing special. Most of the SS versions came with the self-destructing/underpowered 305. The 350 only had 220hp but It was a far stronger motor. There are a handful of 454 SS versions in existence but I think these were only good for 250-270hp. Anything newer just sucks. Up until 2005 The SS version was the work horse 3.8l with no supercharger! Evertime I see one of those intimidator versions I point and laugh.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where are all the lifted boxes?

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a huge fan of the Monte Carlo. I grew up on the 4th generation models (1980 or 81-88) and over the past decade I've drawn MCs. There are Yahoo! groups that feature Monte Carlos (I'm on 2 of 'em) though I don't own a Monte, I've test driven one and fell in love. I may just get one (used, that is). BTW, here's the URLs to those yahoo groups.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ classicmontecarlo
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ y2kmontecarloclub

I'll post some drawings I've done of the MC on this thread ASAP (as long as it'll stay open).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.