Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The People Mover Song [from the old website] « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 217
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not long before Super Bowl XL Detroit tried cleaning up its act. Buildings were quickly demolished or renovated, informational outposts were put in place, empty lots were covered with vinyl walls, public transportation was beefed up, and http://www.thepeoplemover.com changed dramatically.

I know I am not the only one who remembers The People Mover animated Gif and theme song from the old website. The song that seemed to ironically mimic The Temptations' "Ball of Confusion," and encouraged people to Ride, Ride, Ride The People Mover is nowhere to be found. I've met a lot of people who remember the DPM song but none of us had the hindsight to actually burn it to a CD or make an MP3 of it. We all took it for granted and thought it would always just be there - forever.

A friend of mine mentioned to me the other day that she has requested the song several times via the DPM site and she has not even gotten a polite response.

Does anyone have a copy of The People Mover song, know who wrote it, or know how to obtain it?

I've seen magic happen on Detroityes before...

(Message edited by spaceboykelly on April 02, 2007)

Mikeydbn
Username: Mikeydbn

Post Number: 342
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Oy eJDHVcCA

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1372
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have it on my cell phone.

Let me find the file on my computrix.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found it, send me an email, and I will try and send it over.

dmcgowan@grandcircus.net

(Message edited by dan on April 02, 2007)

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 599
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dan, can you send it to me, too? austind1 AT msu.edu

THANKS!!

Fho
Username: Fho

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone else remember "Don't Mess With My Choo-choo"?

Tiorted
Username: Tiorted

Post Number: 88
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.thepeoplemover.com/ _borders/flash/sound.swf

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.