Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Belle Isle « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dtroit
Username: Dtroit

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Belle Isle Last Saturday and saw all the construction workers working next to the Scott Fountain. What exactly are they doing? I am aware that the Detroit Grand Prix is gonna be held on the island again.

Forgive me, I was out of town for work for 7 months...

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 684
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the past, this area was used by the race crews. Normally, it turned into a muddy mess by the end of the race. I think the intention is to provide better drainage and a cement paddock for the pit crews. I saw a very large pile pea gravel so it looks like they will have tile installed for drainage.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 317
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the race going to be there this year?

Dtroit
Username: Dtroit

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fareastsider, Yep, sure is. Here is a link.
http://www.detroitgp.com/

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish they'd take out turns 8-12 and make it a straight shot so that there would be more passing potential.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.