Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit house fire « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 626
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail?contentI d=2852425&version=2&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1. 1

The house directly across the street from us burned this morning at about 6 a.m. Fire crews finally packing up and leaving almost two hours later. Took photos and video if anyone wants to see them. Scary stuff. With the high winds, was worried some of it might have blown over to our home. Fortunately that didn't happen.
The link above reports that no one was seriously injured. The house, however, looks to be a total loss. There's nothing left of the third floor, and the west side of the second floor looks pretty charred. Sad.

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 627
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Al Allen, by the way, was standing in my front yard in that clip. That's how close it was.

I wonder how long this house will sit burned out before it comes down (if ever). There's a house that literally collapsed after fire over near Taylor a few blocks away. It's still there.

(Message edited by rhymeswithrawk on April 05, 2007)

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Having trouble opening the Fox2 website, both from your link and directly, Rawk. Must have been very scary! Will watch the 11am news and see if it's there.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 350
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uch, I'm sorry to hear that rawk. Didn't you just buy that house? Now you already have an eyesore accross the street lowering property values.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blue-

I had trouble opening the link as well. I now have trapped two viruses with my AVG. Not saying you sent them to us Rhymes, but I didn't have a problem before tapping that link. Thank goodness they got snagged-looks like keystroke "checkers" to me......just be careful!!

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plymouth...thanks for the heads up...will run a checker right now.

Rawk...saw the news thing finally...Sure glad nothing happened to your house!

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 630
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uch, I'm sorry to hear that rawk. Didn't you just buy that house? Now you already have an eyesore accross the street lowering property values.

No, I'm buying in Hubbard Farms; the fire was across from a home I'm renting, just running the lease out on it. As for the virus, I dunno, Plymouth. I sent that link to my mother and she opened it fine. Maybe Fox 2 updated the link?

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rhymes-

I, too, saw the news clip today, however it was on Channel 4. It looked pretty scary and I'm also glad to hear that there was no damage to you! It did look pretty intense to me, though, and the heat generated by that type of fire can do residual damage like no other force of nature!!

You should try to make the gathering tonight. I'd like to met you!!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1831
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had no problem with that link and checked for viruses and found none.

Any idea about what caused the fire?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5748
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a boarding halfway house on Euclid St that caught on fire. Just west of Woodward Ave. and across the street from those condos. It's the only house the north side that was standing. Now its total loss started by " I DON'T CARE PO'FOLKS".

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.