Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Historic St. Jude's Church/East Catholic Elementary « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 75
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With so many of the Catholic Churches and schools in the city struggling, why not help one out this weekend?

St. Jude's is having its annual rummage sale this weekend. St. Jude's is located in Northeast Detroit at 7 Mile and Kelly. The hours are:

Thursday, April 12 - 10 AM to 6 PM
Friday, April 13 - 10 AM to 4 PM
Saturday, April 14 - 9 AM to 1 PM

If you're into these things, it may be a great opportunity to pick some things up and help St. Jude's in the process.

I apologize for the shameless plug, but it is in the effort to help out a church that can use it.

Swiburn
Username: Swiburn

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Maxcarey. I hope St. Jude school doesn't close. It's a beautiful church, and the last built in Detroit before WWII.
Keep up with the pictures!

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 864
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks MaxCarey.

I'll stop by with the comptroller of my household.

Mjb3
Username: Mjb3

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll try to stop by as well. I was baptized @ St. Jude's by Father Ording. My grandfather did all the wiring for the chandeliers there.

Small world... I hope the church is open! Although now, I'm a protestant(Lutheran) so they might not let me in...lol

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MaxCarey,
No need to apologize for the plug...been to many St. Jude rummage sales in the gym, usually there is a great variety of clothes, books, dishes etc. all for a great cause. Sorry can't make it this year. For all of you interested in St. Jude nostalgia check out the St. JudeParish/school far eastside thread.

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 6:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reminder and bump

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.