Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Where Have All the Leaders Gone? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

scroll down and read the excerpt

good stuff

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 660
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where Have All the Leaders Gone?

Coleman A. Young died 10 years ago.
::ducks for cover::

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you read it? Iacocca might agree with you, to a certain extent.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2543
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found it a tad hypocritical that he pisses and moans about Bob Eaton selling out Chrysler back in the late 90's, when he personally chose him over a higher qualified and more loyal Bob Lutz.

Other than not, I'm taking a wait-and-see on his book...

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mcp001-
You may be right, however, I believe at one time Iacocca admitted that the biggest mistake he ever made was to put Eaton at the head of Chrysler instead of Lutz. He knows it was a mistake and I believe he still kicks himself over it.

Just an aside.

This might be a fun read. Might not have much real meat, but maybe still fun.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2546
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was reading some of the reviews earlier, and it seems that this wasn't the only thing that he has waffled on.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 418
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking at the pic of him on the cover, he is either constipated or needs to give up cigar smoking.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where have all the leaders gone?

In school, church, society as a whole we are conditioned/taught to follow someone else. What if there is no one left to follow? What shall we do? Could we think for ourselves?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.