Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » New YMCA branch at Renaissance Center « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 955
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I totally forgot that the new branch was opening, but I ended up going there last friday (good friday) when I realized the Boll was closed down early for baby Jesus.

Anyway, check out this new branch when you have the chance. It isn't nearly the size of the Boll, but it is done very well. You get a great view of the river, each cardio machine has it's own flat screen tv with cable, and all the finishes are very high end. Best of all, validated parking in the Beaubean garage.

The Boll has greater options when it comes to the pool, indoor track, climbing wall, and a greater selection of free weights, but definitely check out the new branch when you get the chance.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 610
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christmas = Baby Jesus
Good Friday = Crucifixion

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jried- Do they have any basketball hoops at the ren-cen?

Mrjoshua
Username: Mrjoshua

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will go only if you can confirm whether the 300 pound woman with the sweatpants reading "Hands Off!" on the backside now frequents the RenCen branch.

Kayakor
Username: Kayakor

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jfried - just wanted to second your recommendation on the "Y" at the RenCen. Really nice facility...love the flat screen TV's on the cardio equipment (You'll need Ipod-style headphones for the audio). I've been going there for a couple months, it doesn't seem to ever be really busy, always equipment available. The classes initially were full during the day - evenings less so. The place is a ghost town during their Saturday hours (8 to 2).

Skipp - no basketball courts there. Just cardio (treadmills, elipticals, bikes), a few free weights, and a good selection of machines, and a couple small studios for step classes, etc. Overall, the place is about 1/10th the size of the Boll.

Overall, great addition to the RenCen.

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks-Kayakor

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 208
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to know, great addition to the Boll for sure

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.