Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Yahoo: Detroit most wanted place to live? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Butkaeri
Username: Butkaeri

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey...new to the forum, first post...

I always have yahoo.com set as my homepage, and they frequently have Best/Most of certain places on the webpage. One of the categories was "Most Wanted Place to Live." I wouldn't really expect to see Detroit on the list. But sure enough, Detroit was number one with a pic of the RenCen featured. Even with all of the new lofts and loft conversion I wouldn't think that Detroit would beat out a lot of southern cities.

You'll have to refresh yahoo.com till you see it, its on the right hand side of the screen. Here's a link to the site that appears after you click the Detroit link.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Michigan/Detroit/Homes_for_sale/result.html?cc=realestate&p=detroit

(Message edited by butkaeri on April 10, 2007)

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 280
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure enough, I found it. That's some great, and unusual, publicity. Regardless, it's great that Yahoo.com would feature the Detroit market.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 212
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay! We're "Most Wanted"! Detroit should print up Most Wanted flyers and post them on local bulletin boards and at area post offices. That should generate a good buzz.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 861
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I'll be...

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 764
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People WANT to live here, but they not coming because of our issues. At least this lets us know that once we get our priorities straight Detroit will really bloom again.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 776
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are they nine days late w/ that story?

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 885
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gmich99
Username: Gmich99

Post Number: 178
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could Detroit have made the top of the Yahoo list due to the number of people using Yahoo in an effort to sell their house?

Lt_tom
Username: Lt_tom

Post Number: 185
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im thinking that after those news stories came out the other week about the low cost Detroit foreclosures, some curious folks decided to look and see what Detroit offered.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1868
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lt_tom, good observation.

Butkaeri, that was a wonderful first post. Welcome!

This sounds like a story a local reporter should investigate.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 466
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gmich99 -

You are on the right track I think. This list may be generated dynamically by the number of searches and possibly taking into account the IP address of the user.

The other clue is that the link merely takes you to a search result for real estate in Detroit, not an article as to WHY so many want to live here with supporting data. The best way to know for sure would be to check back in a few days and see if the list changes.

No offense to Detroit, but it isn't like people from all over the country are clamoring to move here. People are leaving, not coming in.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 410
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I... Whaa? Did... Huh?

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The list is already gone...sorry folks.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3925
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey where is this house at?

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Mi chigan/Detroit/Homes_for_sale/ d44158e2b0b2196f24209c29166f1c 06;_ylt=Av4IApQdLHNAEe1jXYoO.4Hn MrQs?cc=realestate&p=detroit

I dont ever remember seeing a house like this on Larned downtown...

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 411
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its not gone, I just saw it about five minutes ago when I looked. Keep refreshing until it comes up.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a blatant lier.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 140
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that is in the laffeyette park area. "Ralph Bunch Coop".The price must be a mistake, they run about 70,000, not $900,000 lolol.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 765
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol: $9,999,999

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.